window mode?

Forum For Privateer Remake
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

window mode?

Post by allthumbs »

I am running Windows vers 1.02 of PR and the bases are all in windowed mode, but flight is full screen. Is that normal? Resolution 1280x1024. Also, by installing the patch on the download page, I assume I am assured the most current version? Is it updated periodically, or is that somewhere else? Thanks - great game
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

also, how do I open a map I bought?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You're playing Gemini Gold. Go to http://privateer.sourceforge.net/comlink/ to visit the correct forum.
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

not any more. I am playing PR - I don't like the GG interface
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

uhhh.....please?
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

Well, 26 people have seen this and the only response I've gotten is from someone w/ ESP telling me to try a different board. I guess I'll do that, then.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Maybe the people that read did not know what the problem is and the fix i read every new post but since i don't play PR i do not know the proper behavior and don't post a speculative fix.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

allthumbs, I don't want to be inpolite, but there is no 1.02 of PR. There is a 1.2. Gemini Gold has a 1.02. Are you sure with 1.02, or did you accidentally type in a wrong number?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: window mode?

Post by chuck_starchaser »

allthumbs wrote:I am running Windows vers 1.02 of PR and the bases are all in windowed mode, but flight is full screen. Is that normal?
If you want full-screen bases, run setup.exe and pick "Big Bases". They look a bit pixelated at full screen, though, but I prefer full screen myself.
Also, by installing the patch on the download page, I assume I am assured the most current version?
I never saw a patch; not sure what patch for what you're talking about. PR? GG? PU? WCU? I haven't seen a patch for PR.
Is it updated periodically, or is that somewhere else? Thanks - great game
PR hasn't been updated in ages; as its lead developer, Mamiya Otaru, was on an extended vacation. Only recently he's been back and I'm not sure what his plans are. If you want to beta-test, you can try PU. PU is like an expanded PR, actively maintained- --and still in development by-- Dilloh and Z30. Check my siggy.

Sorry, I haven't been around these boards much lately.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

allthumbs wrote:also, how do I open a map I bought?
I forget now... I think it was Shift-M, toggles the map on and off.

That's in-flight; you can't open a map at a base. The map is electronic; it lives in your ship's nav computer.

Make sure there's no enemies around, or big ships to crash into. Looking at the map doesn't shield you from spacetime ;-)
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Ehm... Were you talking about the "1.2 Patch" links in the downloads page?
http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
Those were put there for people who had PR1.1 installed, and just wanted to upgrade to 1.2; they should be removed, really. They just create confusion. No, you don't need to apply them, if that's what you were talking about. Just download 1.2 Full, and you're good to go.
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

sorry, yes I did mean 1.2 version. also, the patch I talked about is as Chuck mentioned, the one on the download page. that really is totally unclear. thanks for the replies. Is PU normally installed after completion of PR? or does it run "parallel" with the PR storyline?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

PU is like a separate project. Not really. Well, when Mamiya Otaru finished Priv 1.2 and went on extended vacation, z30 began to mod PR1.2, and pretty soon other people were contributing to his mod. One thing led to another and it became a sort of "Extended PR". Then z30 took an extended vacation, and Dilloh took over and ran with the ball, so PU continued to grow...

PU stands for "Parallel Universe". It adds ships and campaigns to PR. It's not a "sequel" to PR; rather an "alternative PR", with a lot more plot and missions than the original game. It doesn't attempt to be canonical, or to fit within WC universe canon. But it's fun, I hear ;-)

So, but yeah, PU starts like PR starts, same place, same time, just has a lot more stuff, as well as tweaks, like Zool's Rebalance, to make ship stats and stuff make more sense; some improvements to missions, AI and much more to come soon.