How do you tell if auto-tracking is activated?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

How do you tell if auto-tracking is activated?

Post by Anscar »

"K" toggles auto-tracking, but when I key it, I don't see anything to indicate the change. Frankly, I can't even see the difference in combat (yes, I've bought auto-tracking for all my gun-mounts and launchers and the stats show them installed).
Aragon
Trader
Trader

Post by Aragon »

press key "L" = lock target.
then it works.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Is auto-tracking switched-on by default when you take off or do you have to switch it on?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You have to engage it for each target separately switch target and it's off so "L" to lock it becomes almost second nature till you forget a few times :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Not to belabor this, but...... Are you saying all I have to do is hit "L" to "lock target" and auto-tracking will work...or do I also have to hit "K" (the key that the manual says toggles auto-tracking)?

EDIT: OK, I see how it works. Auto-tracking is on, unless I switch it off with "K", so, as you say, I just target and lock to use it.
Aragon
Trader
Trader

Post by Aragon »

Well, the manual is a bit diff to the game i found out.
Same for the turrets, i was thinking in the end this bitch cost alot, works 2 times and will end as useless decoration.. because they all stayed inactive after a while.
Pressing CTRL and W or T had no effect. That i have to press CTRL and P first (and everytime again after starting from a base/planet ) to activate them is not in the manual, peoples here told me.
^^
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Anscar: Just lock on your target, and shoot. Note that your radar must support itts for that.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Aragon wrote:Well, the manual is a bit diff to the game i found out.
Same for the turrets, i was thinking in the end this bitch cost alot, works 2 times and will end as useless decoration.. because they all stayed inactive after a while.
Pressing CTRL and W or T had no effect. That i have to press CTRL and P first (and everytime again after starting from a base/planet ) to activate them is not in the manual, peoples here told me.
^^
I've just hit CTRL W every time I take off and my plasma turret seems to work just fine. I can hear it chugging away at pursuers all the time. I'll check out CTRL P tho'. The plasma turret works great against Talons on my six, but it's really too slow for Dralthi and Demons. I'm thinking about switching it out for a Tachyon turret.
Aragon
Trader
Trader

Post by Aragon »

Laser..simple laser turrets to destroy the foes shild, rest will be done by my gatling lasers.
Lopaka79
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lopaka79 »

Don't Quote me on this but I'll give it a shot :P

1,Auto-tracking should be on when you leave dock
2,You need to lock-on a target
3,You need a Radar that will support auto-tracking

4,And last but not least. The K key will toggle it on and off. Sometimes i find my self jambing keys down so fast and sloppy that i hit others on accident. Got to love K and L being such good friends.

I'm also infamous of toggling ctrl+T and ctrl+W.... ctrl+E is like the cheese between the cracker :shock:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I don't think the proximity of toggling and locking happened by accident. The AI has a really nasty maneuver: Your foe tightly spirals into your direction, fooling your autotrackers to waste your gun power onto a larger spiral. I often switch the ATs off then and shoot directly into the middle of the spiral, but you have to be quick for that - so "k" is just fine for me.
ViporGG
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re:

Post by ViporGG »

Lopaka79 wrote:I'm also infamous of toggling ctrl+T and ctrl+W.... ctrl+E is like the cheese between the cracker :shock:
LMAO my finger has also found that E when reaching for the W. Glad no kids were around, wouldn't want them to hear such words. :roll: