Do you get only one chance at "deprecated" ships?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Do you get only one chance at "deprecated" ships?

Post by Anscar »

After reloading from a save after my last Oxford mission, I'm getting the impression that you only get one chance at the two "deprecated" ships there. Looks like if you save (either before or after you talk to Masterson for the last time), exit the game, and reload from a save you no longer have the ships available. Is this the case? Are these one-time only offers?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Most of the "special" ships are indeed onetimers, or at least have a very rare chance to reappear again, like e.g. the Drayman. I've heard several complaints about that now and I'll write onto the ToDo list - after we're done with fiddling in the PU ships.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

I was a little short of the price of that milspec drayman. :( OTOH, why would I want a drayman anyway? What I really want is the paradigm. Saving my money for that one. :)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The Drayman allows to tractor in ships and sell them, or make serious money with cargo runs (ever made 5 million credits in one run?), so it helps you getting the money for the paradigm.

Besides that, it is crap, as is the Paradigm, but that'll change with the next PU release when we'll have Targ's turret pack in and capship owners will be able to choose from different turrets then.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

As an experiment, I think I'll go back to my save just before I took the 4th and final Oxnard mission. Then I'll go and earn the money I need for the drayman, do the mission and (hopefully) get the drayman. I'm curious to try this tractoring method to acquire new ships.

BTW, my apologies for putting quote marks on "deprecated." I thought this was a misspelling of "depreciated." I checked "deprecated" in Wikipedia and found that it's a real word, computer terminology. Sometimes I'm a little too clever for my own good. :)

What kills me about going back to the Oxford save is that I just finished Palan 1, which I found to be real tough. I noticed that Remake Palan 1 differs substantially from the same mission in the original game. In the original game, Murphy's sends you to NAV 1 to take out three waves of demons (4, 3, 3). In fact, in Remake Murphy still tells you to go NAV 1 even though the mission takes place at planet Palan. It's tough because you can't sneak up on the hostiles or taunt them out. They're simply not there still you cross a "tripwire," then you're right in the middle of several demons and a centurion. Kill them and a second wave of more demons appears. Took me quite a while....but it was a learning experience. :)
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

I've got both the deprecated drayman and galaxy now. :D Now I've got to get a tractor beam installed on the drayman then it's off to capture ships. Frankly, I don't know how this thing is going to survive to capture ships. It's sluggish and quickly killed even by Talons.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Oh yeah! This is sweet. I shipped my Drayman to New Detroit, installed two tractors, and captured two Dralthi in two runs. Sold one for 1.4 mil and kept the other for my "ship collection." One thing: the Drayman is almost uncontrollable. I installed an AB on it, but I get no speed increase. (I also installed the maneuverability enhancements.) Guess it's just too big. It's a real pig, but it sure brings in the money. :D
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

in Remake Murphy still tells you to go NAV 1 even though the mission takes place at planet Palan.
This fact saved my ass. I landed on Palan, repaired, loaded 20 torpedoes, launched, fired all torps, landed again, repeat.
Frankly, I don't know how this thing is going to survive to capture ships.
You can also tractor in friendly ships - they won't be angry about that.
Guess it's just too big
Yup, all those addons aren't supposed to work on capships. Fighters only.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

That's how I did it. Run for the planet while spamming missiles, land, repair, rearm, back into the fray, rinse and repeat.

By trial and error (and some memories of things I'd read here), I've found that the Drayman can prevail against multiple ships by capturing and relaunching them as wingmen. If I luck out and the Drayman isn't killed, I come away with one or maybe two captures. Still and all, it's pretty tough going. Too many enemies and I get chewed up fast......but, oh, the money when I bring back a capture. :)

I took a captured Gothri and kitted it out with good stuff (4 Tachyon guns, Tachyon turret, auto-tracking, maneuverability upgrades, etc). The thing is really fast (1200 with AB) but doesn't hold many missiles (got four launchers, but only seems to hold 1 or 2 per launcher. Also, this milspec stuff severely limits add-ons (remember it well from vanilla VS). I could add an Iris Mk3 radar, but not a BS Omni for some reason. With the Iris, I at least get ITTS...but I also seem to get enemy-ID (red), which I didn't think an Iris Mk 3 provided. I've got to check the ship stats and see what kind of radar is milspec on this Gothri. Are there blank Gothris available in the game, I wonder?
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

If you have a milspec Gothri you should have no need to buy a radar, it comes with one (it is milspec after all).
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

It came with a radar, but no ITTS.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Milspec ships use equipment which is "invisible" in the ship dealer list, but that doesn't necessarily prevent to buy additional stuff, e.g. a second radar or even reactor or shield generator.

Blank Gothris cannot be bought currently, but if you desperately want one, I can tell you how you can easily get one by hacking your savegame.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Sure, I'd like to know how to edit for a blank Gothri, tho' I'll keep my Centurion till I finish the storylines, as I like having the cockpit.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Go to /Privateer/.privateer100/save
Make a backup of your savegame
Open your savegame with WordPad, not NotePad
You'll see the top line similar to this one:

Code: Select all

Gemini/Varnus^52418344.000000^galaxy.blank|kamekh.blank|etc.
The ships there are those you're owning - it works best if you replace one instead of add.
So I'd suggest to replace the 2nd one with gothri.blank, save.

Enjoy
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Anscar wrote:It came with a radar, but no ITTS.
Hmm, IIRC when i "hacked" the game so a Gothri was available at the ship dealer it had ITTS.
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...