Need help by space relations

Forum For Privateer Remake
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Need help by space relations

Post by rlaan »

In vegastrike the planets are so gigantic, but in privateer the planets are freaky mini.

i think it must be a multipler for the dimensions??

i now that i can in every system makes the planets 10x bigger and the distances 10x higher, but then i must set the radar distances of any ship and other stuff higher... its a little bit much.

do you know a multipler?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Yeah the planets and stations are larger but i think it has to do with canon.

IIRC the planets were made larger but it was put back to the origanal size.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

There is no multiplier, planet radi are defined as hard numbers. You can compare them with WCU values to get better radi. However, cargo missions can not be completed then - you need to be at about 5000 clicks to the planet center to fulfill them.

Es gibt keinen Faktor, der Planetenradius ist in den system-files als nummern definiert. WCU bietet realistischere Werte. Dies führt jedoch dazu, dass man Frachtmissionen nicht mehr beenden kann - man muss bis auf 5000m an das Planetenzentrum heranfliegen. Wenn er zu groß ist, geht das nicht mehr.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Unless you can change the mission distense you can do nothing to the planets. IIRC you can do all that.

It's German. Are we not meant to stick to English?

Team Fortress 2
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

i have found a multipler for the relations in the vegastrike.config "star_system_scale". and a multiper for the far_stars. In Space are stars... realy! ^^
i have made a landing 1 Minute long with a centurion. the planets have now athmospheric "fog", i have imported rings. steltek brain-planets. overworket the planetary textures, hi-res-clouds... maby 30 flyable ships, good balancing, kilrathi dreadnoughts. mass battles with over 30 Ships (extra balanced, naturaly ^^), any secret systems, you can switch the cokpits to vektor (vegastrike like) or bitmap (Privateer like). i have change all npc to hi-res movistars ^^, Meg Ryan as gudin. all bases imported from vegastrike. overworked cargo missions... overworked hunter missions (up to 1 million credits for a mission. 10 new weapons, 5 new rokets, shelton slide, the first tarsus (tarsus.begin) has only 1 roketlouncher and 1 laser, but a cloaking device. new spacestations, new planet typs (gas-minig bases, asteroid bases, ocean worlds, automatic turrets, 360x360° turrets, killer-drones, all ship textures in hi-ress (not that blurry stuff of WC), ship garage .... and and and... hunderts of hours working in 2 Years...

the heavyst ships are the centurion_mk2, the quicksilver, orion_mk2, the kilrathi Lancelot and the interdiction-cruiser redeemer. the controls and speed and masses for the flyable capships overworket... now realy useable. it has he compactness of privateer, the original map of privateer + 15 secret systems, and the flair, controls and grafix from vegastrike

now i cleaning the directorys for all the "copy-of-*" stuff, and the time has come for the first relase of my Privat-Strike.

debugging is compleat... 19x compleat tests. the only bug i have found an not fixed is, somtimes fly a texture as a debris from exploding ships in space... i have no idea what that is. but its dosnt matter...

thanx to all for the help, also in other treads...
i hope you lock then my mod ^^ (sorry, is is not compatibel to WCU or PU)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

MAS wrote:It's German. Are we not meant to stick to English?
That's why I posted in english and translated it for rlaan into german, Andy. :roll:

Rlaan, where is the download url for your mod?
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

is comming soon... wo kann ich nochmal größere dateien hochladen?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:
MAS wrote:It's German. Are we not meant to stick to English?
That's why I posted in english and translated it for rlaan into german, Andy. :roll:

Rlaan, where is the download url for your mod?
Oh, argh. Next time i WILL be quite. I have been going through a rule/commandment spree else where and it came here. woops.

Team Fortress 2
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

upsy, i have forgot the half na*** babes remove from the cockpit and bridges... my relase is naturaly US-compatibel ^^.

how i can upload bigger mods? 450 mb?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

rlaan wrote:wo kann ich nochmal größere dateien hochladen?
www.filefront.com ist ne gute Adresse, unbegrenzter webspace und einigermaßen schnell.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

its loading up... 7h %P

there is a secret joke-ship in the game, the Vril-3000, manufacturet in the Haunebu-Werft Neuschwabenland. Simens-Kreisel-Tachionator and Thule-Elektronen-De-Gravitonator, und natürlich die Elektro-Kanone! ACHTUNG: Sauerwurst essen in der Pilotenkanzel VERBOTEN! What is Sauerwurst? Nothing, but sounds German ^^.

ah ja! error termination at 93% upload... :|
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

the Vril-3000? Neuschwabenland? Are there going to be secret german bases in the Antarctic too?!! :lol:

As for the half-naked babes might you also upload a patch to your mod say on your filefront profile to them back in? :wink:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Orthuberra wrote:Are there going to be secret german bases in the Antarctic too?!!
Oh no... not again! :cry:
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

yes the kraut-nova :lol: its only a joke ^^ keep cool.
8)

i have splitet the file to upload in 5 files, i have problems to upload 450mb after 6h i become a network error. maybe somone has stolen the kable from the atlantik ^^ :wink:

i make now any screenshoots for filefront, i post a new relase topic and say the mod then he can the other question topics as obsolete delete ^^

i have make here a little bit spam in this forum... sorry
:oops:

...and for the patch with the babes... i thin i become problems then sorry, but you will find many sweet girl with clothing... in the gild you becom mission e-mails from cute sectretarys :P
Last edited by rlaan on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Jaja, das alte Problem mit filefront. Bedauerlicherweise kommt man da nicht mit einem normalen FTP-Programm rein. Ich nehme an du benutzt ein Modem... Ich habe damit mal 20 MB hochgeladen und hatte 3 timeouts. Besser du splittest deine Archive in richtig kleine Teile...

Sorry guys, just helping rlaan a bit, I hope you don't mind.