Wrong ship`???

Forum For Privateer Remake
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Wrong ship`???

Post by Golani »

Hi,
I am playingPU. I was buying a heavy merchant Orion, the one that is supposed to have more launchers and turrets. I made a mistake while upgrading the ship.So I reloaded the game andbought that ship again.
But ...... every time I buy this ship, I get a different ship than I wanted to purchase. Tried several reloads. When buying this Orion I always get the cheaper model, the one that less turrests and launchers. What gives? Anybody has an idea why so, and what to do about it?

Second issue: my ship fits i.e. a generator Level 6, but it seems level 6 generatos are currently out of stock. No whgere to find or buy, not in N.Det and N.Const. Probaly related to the above issue??? Or are these items really randomly?
Tnax for your answers, best
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Golani »

And another one:
tried to go to my other pc, where I have a game saved, just a little bit earlier. Wanted to buy the orion I mentioned above. Haad enough money, the shipwas "buyable", i.e in white letters. Clicked on the "buy" button, and ...... nothing happens. No money gets deducted and no ship gets bought.
What gives????
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

With the ship dissappearing thing how many ships do you have? It sometimes does that because you have to many ships.

An Orion has only two canons and one weapon mounts (Missiles in WC :wink: ).

Also, are you playing with PU? The patch.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Golani »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:With the ship dissappearing thing how many ships do you have? It sometimes does that because you have to many ships.

An Orion has only two canons and one weapon mounts (Missiles in WC :wink: ).

Also, are you playing with PU? The patch.
I am playing PU. I think it is the latest version. Over all I had 3 ships before that happende. In the upgrade boooth new const and new det under the "ships" folder, there are 2 versions of a "merchant Orion available" I just would like to buy the more expensive one again. Will try to sell other ships first.
Thanx anyhow
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Welcome to the boards.
every time I buy this ship, I get a different ship than I wanted to purchase. Tried several reloads. When buying this Orion I always get the cheaper model, the one that less turrests and launchers. What gives? Anybody has an idea why so, and what to do about it?
Which ship did you want to buy? OrionMK2H, OrionMK2b, OrionMK2 or Orion? Which one did you get then? Engine wise, it is impossible to get another ship then you clicked at, but it might be possible that you mixed something up or, if you're looking at the green HUD displays in the ship dealer: Some HUDs are not working in the ship dealer, so the one you selected the last time keeps on display. You get the ship anyway.
my ship fits i.e. a generator Level 6, but it seems level 6 generatos are currently out of stock. No whgere to find or buy, not in N.Det and N.Const. Probaly related to the above issue??? Or are these items really randomly?
Extremely high upgrades appear randomly at ND, NC or PNB. But now as you're mentioning it, I often saw any reactor from 1 to 9, but I cannot recall reactor 6.
tried to go to my other pc, where I have a game saved, just a little bit earlier. Wanted to buy the orion I mentioned above. Haad enough money, the shipwas "buyable", i.e in white letters. Clicked on the "buy" button, and ...... nothing happens. No money gets deducted and no ship gets bought.
You already have the ship then. Look up the ship dealer, and check out the cat "MyFleet". You can own multiple ships; unlike in the original privateer you do not need to sell your old ship to buy a new one.
I am playing PU.
Check out if you can buy a Fireblade ship. If not, you have the old version and you can download the new version or the update from the link in my signature.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

IIRC Reacter level 6 tends to be harder to find. Keep looking. It took me sixteen landings to get it.

Team Fortress 2
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Golani »

Hi,
I think I can specify my problem now.
"Getting the wrong ship" problem:
seems it was based on a mistake of myself. Got it straight now. Sorry for wasting bandwith.

Two problem remain:

a) "Unbuyable ships", b) invisible Orions

Remark in advance: Onmy notebook the game runs without any known bug or mistake so far. Thesetwo problems only appear on my other pc. (which is the only one currently available)

a) unbuyable ships
There are a few ships which the is not letting me buy. They are "unlocked". I.E. in the upgrade/ship dealer screen not in the red color. Should be able to buy them, have enough money, only one other ship. But when I press the "buy" button nothing happens.
This concerns so far the upgraded Orions and the upgraded Galaxies. (Hunter and MErc)
Known problem? fix avaiable? recommendations?

b invisible Orions
As mentioned above: could not buy the upgraded "MErchant Orion". Bought it on my other pc.(Rememer: bug makes it unbuyable on this pc.)Now I have it in the savegame, but it is invisible. As I understood it, this is a known bug.
There is a fix (Zools rebalance???) available, just did not find the proper link in the thread. Can sombody pls. help me finding the correct link, probably post it here?

MAny thanx
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

There is no fix, the bug is solved.

You're assumably using PU1.1b6-DSE @ PR1.2, right?

So you just forgot to run setup.bat in your /Privateer folder.

This should solve everything.

I made the whole setup.bat thing for the sake of saving memory, but this turns out to be a problem. We'll get rid of this within the next basemod, hopefully.
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Golani »

Thanx a lot. Ruins smoothly now. LAst Question:is the original privateer and rf storyline playable in PU? Did not find Tayla in Troy.
Greetz
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Hey, Golani, don't worry about wasting bandwidth. It has given me an extra three posts! :wink:

PU is just a patch for Privateer Remake and thus RF and original Privateer story line are still playable. Just Either meet what's-his-name in New Detroit, or fly to jolson.

Andreas

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Golani wrote:Did not find Tayla in Troy.
No one is supposed to sit around at Troy... at least not yet :wink:
MAS wrote:Just Either meet what's-his-name in New Detroit, or fly to jolson.
The campaign begins with meeting Sandoval at New Detroit.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Thanks Dilloh, that's what i ment.

Team Fortress 2
Golani
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Golani »

#Tahnx a lloooooot guys. The thing with the batch file did the trick. Runs smoothly, found the storyline. Just had one drink to much earlier in these friggin bars at Troy ..... You pilots know what I mean :)
Best
G
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

That's good now that it's working. This part i like.

Team Fortress 2