Separate screen when upgrading ship/using mission computer

Forum For Privateer Remake
dredd2929
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Separate screen when upgrading ship/using mission computer

Post by dredd2929 »

First let me say that I was SO happy to see Privateer (one of my favorite games of all time) remade to work on modern computers, and with graphical enhancements too!

I've only had time to mess with it a little, and I noticed that when going to the Equipment section of the ship dealer, clicking on the HUD that normally shows the parts takes me to a separate screen instead (using the mission computer does this as well). Is there some kind of setting that is doing this? Can I change it so that the parts actually cycle through as I click the yellow "up" and "down arrows? Can I have it so the mission computer looks like it did in the original Privateer?
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

If you want to use the original interfaces like the ship upgrade computer, you need to install Privateer Gemini Gold ( http://priv.solsector.net/news.htm ), instead of the old Privateer Remake.
dredd2929

Post by dredd2929 »

Alright. Does Gemini Gold include Righteous Fire just like Privateer Remake?
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

Of course. RF is included.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If you want to have more ships, equipment, features, bases, campaigns, overall more adventures, stick to PR1.2 and download the mod instead.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

John Cordell wrote:If you want to use the original interfaces like the ship upgrade computer, you need to install Privateer Gemini Gold ( http://priv.solsector.net/news.htm ), instead of the old Privateer Remake.
Dilloh wrote:If you want to have more ships, equipment, features, bases, campaigns, overall more adventures, stick to PR1.2 and download the mod instead.
:x Cut the crap. I have PCU WCU Remake 1.2 and GG and even Vega Trek

This is an open source game. All your doing with this competition is alienating your fanbase. New people especially modders are going to come in here see this and get mad. There is nothing wrong with downloading both games.

There is nothing wrong with helping each other.....
dredd2929

Post by dredd2929 »

I'm interested in re-playing the game just like it was when I played it over ten years ago. I really like the original interface of the equipment dealer and mission computer. I'm not interested in other ships, because from what I've read it looks like the Centurion is still the best anyway.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

dredd2929 wrote:I'm interested in re-playing the game just like it was when I played it over ten years ago. I really like the original interface of the equipment dealer and mission computer. I'm not interested in other ships, because from what I've read it looks like the Centurion is still the best anyway.
Go get GG then However be aware it is not exactly the way the dos version is. You can't choose what guns you have for turrets or place a tractor beam in the rear turret or a launcher in the rear turret.

You won't be able to see the applied weapons on the high rez ship models in the upgrade screen. Like you can in remake.

Not to say GG isn't good but its hard as hell and is not exactly like what your going to want.

And I'm only saying this so you don't complain about these thing in there forum. Neither game is really done yet. But GG is closest to being near complete.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

S1Genocide wrote:Mad Cut the crap. I have PCU WCU Remake 1.2 and GG and even Vega Trek

This is an open source game. All your doing with this competition is alienating your fanbase. New people especially modders are going to come in here see this and get mad. There is nothing wrong with downloading both games.

There is nothing wrong with helping each other.....
Except when you don't know all that is going on behind the scenes.

It's not all a innocent as things seem. Looking from a point of view that sees all you can see it.

I'm not able to say more. Just be careful what you post.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

Simple question, simple answer:
If you want to play Privateer, the Gemini Gold version is the most advanced and complete Remake you can get.
Privateer Gemini Gold
privateer.sourceforge.net
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Hmmm, like normal.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2