No.
43%

Total votes: 28

micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Troy: Is it the Quadrant capital?

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

It seems to me the be a mini New Con. The most important system in the quadrant. It almost seems to be the capital. What do you think? It has the most traffic of the quadrant and most of it is Militia, Confed, Hunter, and Merchant. At one nav point I saw: 6 Militia Sparrowhawk, 5 Militia Kukhri, 4 Confed Broadsword, 3 Confed Stiletto, 1 Confed Paradigm, 1 Merchie Drayman, 3 Merchie TarsusMk2, 4 Orion, 3 Galaxy, and a normal Tarsus.

Ok, that may be a one off encounter but still I face more patrols that other systems. Also, it is a center in regardes of the nearby systems.

What do you think?
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

I'd say more of a border system, in between the edge of the main centers (Junction --> New Constantinople) and the pirate centers around New Caledonia.

Pendar's Star is like a no-mans land between Troy & Junction imho.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Troy is surely in a premium position for being one of only a few "legal" systems in the area. The militia presence can be explained with the spawning point in Pyrenees. I never had a ship encounter like yours (unless I dumped my fully loaded paradigm squadrons) in any systems.

I'd vote for Junction.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

@MAS, Was it a one off ship count? I've never seen that many in Troy at one time before (and that's a very impressive ship count :shock: ) AND I think it's very illogical reasoning to call it the quadrant capital just because of a very high number of ships seen once. Sorry Andy :wink:
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

My vote is on Gemini itself, why it's not on the Privateer map originally I don't know. But it's there and in that quadrant, you figure if they name the sector after it, it might have some importance.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Good point Orthuberra, but AFAIK, the Gemini system is not canon, possibly an invention ny the PR devs (maybe chuck knows). I once visited it while playing WCU, I don't remember clearly but it had no populated planets or bases AFAIR.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Sure it is. It would be a nice challenge to retcon why it didn't appear in Privateer's map. It couldn't possibly not have been explored...
http://www.wcnews.com/maps/gemini-4.htm
Maybe it was one of those "grey zone", unofficial systems; but by the time of Prophecy has been made official?
http://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/wcum.jpg
What's never known is the internal, system map of Gemini, so it's anybody's guess... I doubt it's the quadrant's capital, in 2669, and at the same time an un-official system. Unless everyone knows it's there but off limits to the general public precisely for the government's security; but I doubt they could get away with forcing everyone traveling to Sol having to go around Oxford... My guess would be that Gemini is a pirate system. I can't remember now if it was a bar rumor or what... some reference to "brilliance traffic coming through Troy", paraphrasing. Who said that? Anyways, it could very well be that there's big brilliance production going on in the Petrov quadrant and it is coming through Gemini and Troy systems into the the rest of the Gemin sector. Pure speculation.

As for the original question, it would be interesting to have a statistical table of Merchants Guild trade volumes and types of products traded. Off the top of my head, I'd say most missions to Humboldt go to Junction or Pyrenees. On the other hand, Troy bartenders don't speak as if their bases are all that important. I'd say that New Cons is the Sector's Capital, and I would expect quadrant capitals, if they exist, to be a bit distinguished from agri, roid or refinery bases... Maybe there's just no such thing as "quadrant capitals". Never seen the term... Not that I've seen the term "sector capital" either...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

It would be a nice challenge to retcon why it didn't appear in Privateer's map. It couldn't possibly not have been explored...
Not explored? Hard to believe as it is the only connection from Humboldt to Petrov. I rather think that it was added after Privateer was created, to melt it with the maps from WC1+2+3.
What's never known is the internal, system map of Gemini, so it's anybody's guess... I doubt it's the quadrant's capital, in 2669, and at the same time an un-official system
Theory 2, it was added by the origin devs for every sector needs a system with the same name - like Kansas & Kansas City.
My guess would be that Gemini is a pirate system. I can't remember now if it was a bar rumor or what... some reference to "brilliance traffic coming through Troy", paraphrasing. Who said that? Anyways, it could very well be that there's big brilliance production going on in the Petrov quadrant and it is coming through Gemini and Troy systems into the the rest of the Gemin sector. Pure speculation.
I'd say Fariss is the quadrant with the most pirate bases in or around the Gemini sector, maybe in the whole universe. I'd suspect some pirate bases in the unexplored regions of Avalon, surely around the Borderworld Union, but I guess the bar rumor of the Troy shipping refers to the mission you get from Tayla. She seems to be the top smuggler in the game and if she decides to organize a run, it will be on the news.
As for the original question, it would be interesting to have a statistical table of Merchants Guild trade volumes and types of products traded. Off the top of my head, I'd say most missions to Humboldt go to Junction or Pyrenees. On the other hand, Troy bartenders don't speak as if their bases are all that important. I'd say that New Cons is the Sector's Capital, and I would expect quadrant capitals, if they exist, to be a bit distinguished from agri, roid or refinery bases... Maybe there's just no such thing as "quadrant capitals". Never seen the term... Not that I've seen the term "sector capital" either...
Agreed, though there seem to be some areas where factions are organizing there HQs - like the pirates within the "grey zone", the NC-ND-PNB zone, or the Retros (Valhalla/Eden). But surely nobody of those ram their flag into the grown and state: "This is where we've founded Jamestown".
I don't want to warm up the antigrav discussion, but now I remember why I was pro-antigrav. The jump point tech on this canon document refers to antigravitons. Gravitons or antigravitons are AFAIR sci-fi inventions to explain a mysterious artificial energy which keeps the crew of a starship on the floor without their boots.
/OT
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Cool, thanks for your opions. BTW, i geat that ship count every time i jump in sys. And it has served my purpose of getting everyone talking.

Maybe i hould reworded it "A very impotant system."

Team Fortress 2
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

That's amazing Andy :shock: , I've never come across so many ships at once in any system, ever. Just out of curiosity has anyone else ever seen such a large concentration of ships in the one system :?:
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I've seen quite a few in Troy once or twice, but i don't think the number was that high. Though to be fair i've never kept count of ships, aside from when i have to blow them out of the sky.
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

i tend to count all th ships around me.

Team Fortress 2