Forum For Privateer Remake
Bubba
Trader
Trader

How do you initiate end game?

Post by Bubba »

According to the Privateer site:

GOODIN - Mission

If you go to ANY mining base other than Rygannon, you'll find Sandra Goodin, attache to Admiral Terrell, in the bar. [If you can't make it to any mining base, turn on invulnerability. Remember to turn it off when you get there.]

IE: You DON'T go collect your cash from the delta prime mission, but go to another mining base. How do you do that without stopping somewhere? It takes your 6 jumps to get to Palan and you HAVE to stop at either the planet or the refinery to get more fuel for jumps.

I saved at the derelict (before I got the gun does that make a difference?). I have tried going to a mining base (Rikel is the closest I know of) and no bimbo telling me to go to Perry. I've gone to Perry, no admittance to the Admirale's office. I've gone to Rygannon and collected my measly 10 grand. None of these courses have offered me any love. As a matter of fact, since reloading the save at the derelict, I haven't seen the drone either. I never found the end game in the original either, and am kinda eager to play it. Any help?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

It's best to play the set of missions without reloading as i mucks the game up somehow. What you should have done (you might have done this, I dunno) is go to Cross, then go to a mining base. Should work. Oh, and make sure you pick up the gun.

Hope that helps.

Andreas
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by targ collective »

The Vegastrike engine has some fundamental bugs in how the game uses missions. Switching ships in-mission will cancel the mission(s) you are on, but this is the first I have heard of savegames showing problems; sounds like this is a bug in how that mission is saved, as variables like the drone should be stored in your savegame and loaded on play.

Shock horror, I've never actually played into Righteous Fire or past the Palan missions. Too much modding, testing, helping the devs etc to actually play the blasted game, let alone stay ingame longer than it takes to see if my changes to units.csv and master_part_list.csv behave as expected (all too often not but it is to be hoped that the upcoming .exe patch which Chuck is hacking away at - possibly with help if we can find the talent - will fix this) so I can't really be of much help here.

Taking on the mantle of modder is hard.

Y'all are likely to have enjoyed my work more that I have.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

@ Bubba,
I have never had this happen before and have had ro reload save game a lot (bad habit of getting destroyed) but all I did to complete this was fly back to Rygannon after picking up the gun, talk to Cross then I went to the mining base in Nexus. (I think). Or is it Tingerhoff. Goodin's at one of those.
Also you might have to try loading your savegame from the point where you haven't done the mission to Delta Prime yet and go get the gun again.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859