newb help

Forum For Privateer Remake
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

newb help

Post by efeefeefe »

hi pls help me. im very booring to play only 4 type ships (orion,tarsus,galaxy,centruion) how can I see another ship? maybe u share me any save game thanks :idea:
Bubba
Trader
Trader

Post by Bubba »

look at the thread right above this one. It's called ''Privateer Remake Library (A Help to Newbies and Others)''

They will tell you how to do it.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

More shiptypes are also available in the current mod. Follow the link in my signature to download.
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

Dilloh wrote:More shiptypes are also available in the current mod. Follow the link in my signature to download.
thanks i download your mod (canonHUDs1.4fixed.rar) and load my last game (in oxford planet) i can see your 4 ships but when i click one, game is crash and close. whats problem?
after this problem im install Hotfix_1_for_canonHUDs1.4.rar and now downloading PU1.1b6-DSE.rar maybe im install PU1.1b6-DSE.rar and this problem is end
sorry my english very good :D

OK im install that ferret and fireblade are ok but ferretcvl and other ship crash
i buy ferret but i cant buy fireblade buy button dont work
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by targ collective »

DSE is the full version - install that and click setup.bat. (The others are updates).
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

ok everything is work thanks very good mod
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

No, I'm just another forumer. :lol:

I just act arrogant enough to be another mod I guess...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The mod will expand in terms of storylines and balance with the next update. Just take a look at the MOD central from time to time, the next update will be announced there.

Targ, you'll be happy to hear that z30 (who actually is the z30 "boss" btw) is quite fond of your new turrets and wants to/will incooperate them into PU. I don't know if this'll happen within the very next version, we have a long list to do and we've put off our users for the longest time now, but consider it to come in in any form - with credits of course!
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

targ collective wrote:No, I'm just another forumer. :lol:

I just act arrogant enough to be another mod I guess...
just i say dilloh :D
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

Dilloh wrote:The mod will expand in terms of storylines and balance with the next update. Just take a look at the MOD central from time to time, the next update will be announced there.

Targ, you'll be happy to hear that z30 (who actually is the z30 "boss" btw) is quite fond of your new turrets and wants to/will incooperate them into PU. I don't know if this'll happen within the very next version, we have a long list to do and we've put off our users for the longest time now, but consider it to come in in any form - with credits of course!
what is the best ship in this game? with 40-50 heavy gun 2-3 level 9 generator otc. :D slowly but very powerfull hugest ship
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If you're looking for a flying tank, the Galaxy Gunship is surely worth the credits. Both the Steltek Scout and the Drone are indestructable, but crap for any pilot. Capships like the Paradigm and the Kamekh can deal with many ships at once, but it is rather annoying to cross space in the speed of a slurg. I'd say, check out the Galaxy Gunship while it still exists in its form.
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

Dilloh wrote:If you're looking for a flying tank, the Galaxy Gunship is surely worth the credits. Both the Steltek Scout and the Drone are indestructable, but crap for any pilot. Capships like the Paradigm and the Kamekh can deal with many ships at once, but it is rather annoying to cross space in the speed of a slurg. I'd say, check out the Galaxy Gunship while it still exists in its form.
thanks i find galaxygs L8 reactor otc. i have some question.

1 galaxy gunship have 5 medium turret and i have 5 pilot in my cargo. can i use these pilots? or slave?

2 Paradigm and the Kamekh are planet names? or ships names? or who are Paradigm and the Kamekh?

3 Why "S" key is destroy shields %50?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Bubba wrote:2 Paradigm and the Kamekh are planet names? or ships names? or who are Paradigm and the Kamekh?
Paradigm and Kamekh, are cap ships, really corvets (atleast i think so).
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:
Bubba wrote:2 Paradigm and the Kamekh are planet names? or ships names? or who are Paradigm and the Kamekh?
Paradigm and Kamekh, are cap ships, really corvets (atleast i think so).
oo thats good. how can i buy that ships?
now im use-ing galaxy gunship. im install 2 plasma gun and 4 MK1303 alien gun i sell this guns are installed in firesword and buy again and installed my galaxygs this guns are very powerfull weapons now i have 6 gun in galaxygs.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

1 galaxy gunship have 5 medium turret and i have 5 pilot in my cargo. can i use these pilots? or slave?
Ejected pilots can be sold as slaves on most bases, there's no need to enslave them in any way, simply sell them. The turrets work automatically and don't need a crew. Hit CTRL+T and they'll track down your current target, with CTRL+W they'll pick a target on their own. Note that the turrets are not too intelligent, for they
1.) don't switch to another target if the first one is out of range
2.) all target the same foe, so if you have someone in front of you and someone behind you, your turrets all target e.g. the foe in front of you - your back turrets waits until the front foe comes in its range, also there'd be plenty of work in your neck
3.) need new orders every time a target is destroyed or jumped out, that means if you sit within an entire enemy fleet and destroy your target, you need to hit CTRL+whatever again for keeping them shooting.
3 Why "S" key is destroy shields %50?
This is a function from the original game, virtually useful within PR - you can save energy by this, e.g. if your ship configuration needs too much reactor energy and you need to afterburn away, just lower your shields to satisfy the energy demand of your ABs.
oo thats good. how can i buy that ships?
Paradigms can be achieved within the progress of the main campaign, Kamkekhs are currently nowhere to sale - but we're going to change that :-)
now im use-ing galaxy gunship. im install 2 plasma gun and 4 MK1303 alien gun i sell this guns are installed in firesword and buy again and installed my galaxygs this guns are very powerfull weapons now i have 6 gun in galaxygs.
Yes, I left this opportunity for the smarter ones of you :wink: The guns are indeed superior for they are best used with good gunners, or with autotrackers.
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

ok i learned ctrl-t ctrl-w. i dont see any campaign only i find artiffact in detroit bar but i dont understand. quest screen is empty ( "o" key)
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

That's strange. You should have a cargo mission.

Did you change your ship for another one? That can bug out missions.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

targ collective wrote:Did you change your ship for another one? That can bug out missions.
No -- worse -- changing ships results in an automatic fail for all missions or campaigns in progress.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

Shissui wrote:
targ collective wrote:Did you change your ship for another one? That can bug out missions.
No -- worse -- changing ships results in an automatic fail for all missions or campaigns in progress.
yes i change maybe its bug but now ok. im in oxford library. i scanned this arttifact and dont read computer screen very low quality what is next mission? im trying to find and i will
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

You must see that ferretCFG!!!

ferretCFG with 3aliencannon and 2 fastlaser its soo beautifull.

draymanCFG with 3 repulse and full plasma :twisted: :twisted:
:?:where is large_turret seller??????? i cant find him :( four slot is empty

GalaxyGS with 6 alien cannon and full plasma turret. its perfectly terminator :twisted:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Large turrets will be most likely available in the next version of PU, but if you just cannot wait, ask targ about it.
Bubba
Trader
Trader

Post by Bubba »

efeefeefe wrote:
Shissui wrote:
yes i change maybe its bug but now ok. im in oxford library. i scanned this arttifact and dont read computer screen very low quality what is next mission? im trying to find and i will
Go to Palan (system and planet) and talk to the dweeb there, Monkhouse. You'll then have to fly to the mining base in that same system and do missions for..... Murphy I think. After you do those missions and rescue Monkhouse from Palan, you can buy the Demon. Pretty crappy ship but oges fast. While it lets you buy 4 guns, (2 light and two heavy) you can only fire two at one time. Also one of the two missile launchers only lets you get one dumbfire.

The next set of missions after that is kicking my butt. I get to the third one (Scan Gamma) and jump into Gamma to confront something like 10 or more Kilrathi. LOL I haven't beaten it yet. Just a note though when you get there. The missions aren't showing up on my mission screen until I actually get to the system I'm going to.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Yeep, that's it, Bubba. But i have a bone to pick with you! Demons are NOT c**p ships. I love them. I can't faly any other ship. Not that i would want to. I'm a pro with them. In the hands of a skilled pilot they are demons.

Try destroying: 6 Militia Sparrowhawk, 5 Militia Kukhri, 4 Confed Broadsword, 3 Confed Stiletto, 1 Confed Paradigm, 1 Merchie Drayman, 3 Merchie TarsusMk2, 4 Orion, 3 Galaxy, and 1 Tarsus, in a centurion. A demon is a light fighter, a jiggly ship for breaking formations. It's a great ship when you learn how to pilot it.
Bubba wrote:Also one of the two missile launchers only lets you get one dumbfire.
That's because this ship is a 'Light Bomber'. It is supposed to have torps.
efeefeefe
Trader
Trader

Post by efeefeefe »

OK i resque palan. monkhouse look my artifact. treasure map i add your navigation bla bla but i dont see new navigation point? or quest. what is next?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

You go to Taryen cross at Rygannoon.