New to the Privateer Remake: Some questions about Mods

Forum For Privateer Remake
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The Turret Pack is an independent development repository, working co-operatively with PU. Bear in mind that, while it does add to PU, fix bugs, gives you cool stuff etc. it is not PU, at least yet
Don't worry about that. It is not yet in for there is no update yet. We have a lot of stuff to merge right now and I don't want to come up with things that are semi-completed... not again.
Dilloh currently favours a simplified turret system over what I'm using (I think a bit too simplified)
I hereby refer to the original WC series, and to balance. Large turrets are also meant to fit the part of the Wing Commander universe that PR has currently not: Carriers. I remember carriers having a very few choice of turrets, if any, and that was lasers. Even PR capships didn't have real turrets before targ made them, they rather had milspec tachyons all over. By changing this, you add more variety and choice to the game. Personally, I had annoying feelings to find out about the most effective turrets in the game just to end up with laser turrets again. Since the turrets are and will be quite expensive, I want to favor a choice which clearly says "this one for fighter defense", "that one for big and slow targets" so that the player knows where he/she spends his/her money onto. The original large turrets aren't necessarily gone, we can still implement them as a campaign reward.

Although PU stands for bringing in stuff that wouldn't fit into the WC universe at all, I don't think we need to, by all means, implement stuff that is uncanon and unlogical... Or in other words: If there are heavy turrets with independent reactor sources, explain why we don't have those babies as unflexible guns on bombers.
(CanonHuds is optional, not sure if it's an update pack or extras pack, no harm installing it but if you do ensure it is prior to the pack).
canonHUDs in the update to reach 1.1b6-DSE. You only need it if you have an earlier PU and don't want to download the 20meg pack.
fixed turrets of the Drayman CVL
I'm interested in this point, did you fix the turrets according to the values chuck gave to you?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Dilloh wrote:
fixed turrets of the Drayman CVL
I'm interested in this point, did you fix the turrets according to the values chuck gave to you?
I believe he did, but he asked me to make those warts on the top round, and I haven't done that for several reasons: Wasn't sure what Drayman variants we wanted. I guess this would be for the mini-destroyer variant? And I haven't finished the texturing for the unmodified Drayman yet, which is the first step before I make mesh variants. Although I could just deform the mesh without changing anything with UV's or texture. I'd rather not do that, though, it would stretch the texture and look weird. I'll jump back on the Drayman tonight.
Sunfire
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Sunfire »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Sunfire. Sorry for the way i posted. I did not mean to sound angry or something like that.
Andy
No worries mate! i did not take personal offence :wink: