RF campaign help?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Death_Legacy
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

RF campaign help?

Post by Death_Legacy »

I finished Masterson's mission on oxford, and did the ones for Lynn and Goodin, went back to oxford, he told me to go somewhere to meet his contact, but I saved, then quit, and can't remember where I'm supposed to go :S the walkthrough on gamefaqs says Palan, but there's no one there. Some help would be appreciated :D
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: RF campaign help?

Post by Shissui »

Welcome.

You want Capella -- the mining base.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Death_Legacy

Post by Death_Legacy »

I went there, there was no one in the bar cept random pirate giving me a mission to kill some merchants. I believe need to start Monte 1 of the RF campaign. He's not in Capella or Palan :(
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Death_Legacy wrote:I went there, there was no one in the bar cept random pirate giving me a mission to kill some merchants. I believe need to start Monte 1 of the RF campaign. He's not in Capella or Palan :(
Ahh, sorry, you are not where I thought you were.
Monte is in Nexus. He will send you to Capella later.

But -- before you go there -- please go back & talk to Masterson again. (Oxford)
He should tell you again where you should be going.
If not, then this is a bug & should be fixed at some point.
Death_Legacy

Post by Death_Legacy »

Talked to Masterson, just said I couldn't get into the library :(. Anyways, I found Monte at Nexus. Thank you very much :D
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You're not supposed to go into the library in RF, so you didn't miss anything.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Dilloh wrote:You're not supposed to go into the library in RF, so you didn't miss anything.
Agreed. However, Masterson *SHOULD* be willing to tell him again where the next stop is in the quest -- just in case something like this happens.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Since I already have my fingers on the PU campaign, I could try to change the trip to Nexus into a simple directions mission, whereas you could get objections while in your ship and if you fail, you could return to Masterson who gives you the "mission" again - even with the chance to fail (e.g. the contact vanishes if you take too long).

What about that?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

I don't like that. Personally, I generally clean up my relations and do odd jobs between campaign missions. But, that would be a better solution than how it is now.

What I would *really* want to see is a test against your campaign progress. If Masterson has sent you to see Monte & you talk to him (Masterson) again before visiting Monte, then you should get a message something like: "Monte won't wait for you forever. You should go meet him in Nexus."
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I could do that, but that'd most likely need a sort of mission...

Compromise: You need to "accept" Mastersons offer to visit Monte, and you'll get jump directions, still you can cancel the "mission" as often as you like, going back to Oxford and getting the talk you proposed.

What about that?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

If I understand correctly, then I can cancel the jump directions & still meet with Monte later --> meets my needs. Meanwhile, it covers the case of a lost player who does not know what to do next --> meets DL's needs. It is easier to code than my solution --> meets your needs.

That should do fine.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Monte would only be on Nexus when you talked to masterson and got the mission again.

But maybe it is easier to make Masterson repeat his talk at any time, w/o a mission. I'll try that.