Killing the Drone Early

Forum For Privateer Remake
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Killing the Drone Early

Post by Shissui »

Somebody asked what happens if you kill the drone before you are supposed to . . .

The drone does not make itself available to be shot at between Goodin & the admiral if you take a direct route. Nor does it appear between Perry station & the scout if you take a direct route again. If you leave the blockade point after the gun is boosted, you fail the mission when the Paradigm is destroyed.

Thus, you need to be relatively creative to kill the drone early. Still, it can be done.

Consequence -- you are not bothered by the drone after you kill it; or, at least not until you visit a mining base. When you visit the mining base, then you still meet Goodin there -- expecting you, as before. As of this point, your path is the same as before to go to the admiral & then the blockade point. You meet the scout and (oh my!) there is another drone at the blockade point, just as if you had not already killed it.

SO, clearly somebody realised that it could be killed & took appropriate precautions.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I assumed something like that -- although it opens the door for early phase damage, I wonder if it wouldn't confuse newbies if they destroyed the drone several times...
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Dilloh wrote:I assumed something like that -- although it opens the door for early phase damage, I wonder if it wouldn't confuse newbies if they destroyed the drone several times...
Another test -- half destroy the drone & quick, quick go see the admiral.
It has healed by the time I meet it again.

I think that the code generates a new drone, regardless of what you did to it before. I wish I could have one of those Aeran Penetrator guns -- to scrawl my initials on the side of its hull & be sure.

(But that would be a bit unbalanced -- a Penetrator gun does even more phase damage than a boosted steltek, after correcting for scale differences between the games.)
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Considering that the drone should only be able to make 1 jump, one can assume that it is genarated and taken out per-system. So thanks Shissui, Ill remember that for the future updates.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Shissui wrote:Another test -- half destroy the drone & quick, quick go see the admiral. It has healed by the time I meet it again.
I've done this as well, a couple of times, but the drone never healed itself. After seeing the Admiral and going to take out the drone, when I get there it's still half shot.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859