Bug in Campain?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Thorn
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Bug in Campain?

Post by Thorn »

When I was doing mission 20 of the main campain of PR there was no alien base and no nav point in the gamma prime system. I´m able to continue the campain as if the mission hab been done correctly but I have no chance to defeat the drone without the alien gun.
Is there any way to find the (non existing) base after finishing the mission or to get the weapon? The steltek say that they give me a power boost for the steltek weapon when i´m just flying to the militia fleet to beat the drone but there still is no such weapon.
Thx 4 your help.

Thorn
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Bug in Campain?

Post by Shissui »

Welcome Thorn.
Thorn wrote:When I was doing mission 20 of the main campain of PR
I am not clear what you mean by "Mission 20".
You must finish the Palan Missions in order to get the 2nd part of the map. Then you must join the Exploratory Service to (usefully) get to the system that the map describes.
there was no alien base and no nav point in the gamma prime system. I´m able to continue the campain as if the mission hab been done correctly but I have no chance to defeat the drone without the alien gun.
There is no other nav point in Delta Prime. You are not ever expected to go beyond that system.

From your description, I think that you must have finished the Palan missions, got the map & then jumped straight through to Delta Prime. You arrive there with not enough fuel to go home again and there is no alien hulk to visit. Fortunately for you, there is no drone either. At this point you will have no option but to quit & restore from your latest save.

If that sounds like your situation, then you must join the Exploratory Service & do several missions for Taryn Cross first. The fourth mission from her will send you to a version of Delta Prime that *does* have an alien hulk present.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

There once was the delta prime no base bug, fixed in 1.2.

Maybe you flew too far because all jump points are available from the beginning, before you got the delta prime mission.

Also, where did you refuel then? ah, clawhammer...

Is Taryn Cross still sitting at the table in Rygannon? What does she say?
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

@shissui: Mission 20 is the fourth and last mission of Taryn Cross (according to the official walkthrough). The palan missions are all finished.
Taryn has told me that she has addet a new nav point in that system (or am I mistaken?) and i thought it would be the place to find the alien station. I have done all of her missions (including visiting delta prime and bringing back the data to her) but there is no alien base. Delta prima is an empty space without anything. Not a single ship, nothing but the warp back to gamma.
I tried everything but i remains the same fucking problem. No alien base or anything like this in the system. I have no problems getting back to the civilized world because of an karmek in gamma where i can get new fuel to come home und to continue the campain, but i need the weapon. :roll:
And what is the Exploratory Service and where do i find it?
@Dilloh: No, i didn´t visit the system before because of the fuel. I didn´t have the idea to visit the karmek at this time.
Taryn isn´t anymore at the base, she´s gone.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thank´s 4 ur help. I reinstalled the game and played the campaign again. I now have the weapon. :D
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Sometimes, the savegame is being corrupted due to some reasons, e.g. if you hacked your savegame, you might influence things you haven't thought of or the wrong editor could mess it up. Maybe the game crashed while saving, or a partial function of it you didn't realize, and then the game was also messed up.

After all, reinstalling is the best option in most cases. :lol:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Dilloh wrote:After all, reinstalling is the best option in most cases.
Except if you've lost the installer!

I have a bug (or something like that) in which i am told to scan a asteriod field and I've flown through every asteriod field and i can't complet the mission.