MOD playground :-)

Forum For Privateer Remake
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Wow! They look great! Did you model and render them?
I sent you the faces already, hours ago.
I did armors; you can take them from here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 2155#82155
And I'm supposed to finish modelling the turrets, so don't do those; I can finish up the models quickly and send them to you.
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

Yes I did model & render them, cool I just checked my mail and got the faces back, we should be standing at around 40% on all these small graphics and whatnot then. Cool armors & turrets by the way 8) , that's a few less models to do. I don't want to update the graphics pack again though until I feel a substantial amount of these small graphics have been done. So people don't have to continually download stuff. Instead I'll just post a screenshot every now and again. Since my redo base thing will take a long time I going to write up a little executable or batch file that writes the replaces the old upgrades & cargos w/ newer ones that are done.

[Edit]: The 360 pixel resolutions, what are those for? I have been doing my high-res in 256 pixel, but I still have my model files and can easily do the render in 360 if its already been decided somewhere. :?
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Very nice work Orthuberra, but it would be easier(for me at least) to give suggestions for them if we know which weapon each of the models is for.
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

There are some guns missing, but you certainly know about that. Also, try to make sure that the gun size somehow fits the bolt size - like e.g. meson blasters which fire bolts with a bigger radius than e.g. particles.

Despite of that, I'm simply amazed. The new graphics are outstanding and you do them that fast that I sometimes think you are a robot and don't need to sleep, eat, drink... Not that I want to complain :wink:
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Totally AWESOME rendering Orthuberra :!: 8)
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Orthuberra, They are simply awsome. How do you feel about doing a new Agriculture base? No Mining. That is by far the worst.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Orthuberra, when you got the time, I know you like texturing piraty things ;-)
I finished cleaning up the Cutlass mesh and doing a new unwrap.
Here's the blend file:
http://deeplayer.com/dan_w/WCUships/cut ... lass.blend
And an ambient occlusion:
http://deeplayer.com/dan_w/WCUships/cut ... lassao.jpg
So, now I can get back to the Drayman...
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

I'm no robot Dilloh, just a bit of an insomniac, :wink: but I'll keep the barrel thing in mind, I was modeling them from the old upgrade pics, so they should be pretty accurate depictions.

As for the the base scenes I think I'm going to work on those after I get done with the remodel of the little graphics and things, those will take a lot of work and a long time, though, they have to fit with where the mission computer, fixers, animated things are, or you would end up clicking on brick walls to enter the ship dealer and such.

Just a thought, it would be nice if we had more artists/modelers around here or collaborated w/ the GG team, they seem to have a few artists under their belt. I replied to a message John sent me saying if he likes some of my graphics he is free to incorporate them, but I have no idea who the GG artists are or if they're interested in collaborating. My idea is we can have a PR 1.3 along w/ a new version of GG if we work together. I think it's too much work for just Chuck and me to do a revamp of PR graphics by ourselves, but I don't want to put words in his mouth (or tack on responsibilities). I doubt PR 1.3 is going to happen though. :(

As for the Cutlass model, I think I can take a break on these little graphics for some pirate textures. :)
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Orthuberra wrote:
As for the Cutlass model, I think I can take a break on these little graphics for some pirate textures. :)
Thank you, I've been wanting to bring in the Cutlass for a long time because it's such a coold design.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Orthuberra wrote:I'm no robot Dilloh, just a bit of an insomniac
Just the opposite of me... Bed & Breakfast 4ever!!!
Orthuberra wrote:but I'll keep the barrel thing in mind
Thanks.
Orthuberra wrote:As for the the base scenes I think I'm going to work on those after I get done with the remodel of the little graphics and things, those will take a lot of work and a long time, though, they have to fit with where the mission computer, fixers, animated things are, or you would end up clicking on brick walls to enter the ship dealer and such.
I've assigned the rooms on the new speke scenery, so I have a little experience with the python files and could help you there, or at least give you some howtos if you're stuck at some point.
Orthuberra wrote:Just a thought, it would be nice if we had more artists/modelers around here or collaborated w/ the GG team, they seem to have a few artists under their belt. I replied to a message John sent me saying if he likes some of my graphics he is free to incorporate them, but I have no idea who the GG artists are or if they're interested in collaborating. My idea is we can have a PR 1.3 along w/ a new version of GG if we work together. I think it's too much work for just Chuck and me to do a revamp of PR graphics by ourselves, but I don't want to put words in his mouth (or tack on responsibilities). I doubt PR 1.3 is going to happen though.
We also have thought about contacting artists from GG, we just search for them yet. I don't think there'll be cooperations between PR and GG, the PR devs have left the PR forum. Still, implementing new artwork doesn't require a PR1.3 - we can put it into a zip, any kind of artwork, even the mouse cursor, is stored in independent files and is just waiting to be reworked.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Orthuberra wrote:
Just a thought, it would be nice if we had more artists/modelers around here or collaborated w/ the GG team, they seem to have a few artists under their belt. I replied to a message John sent me saying if he likes some of my graphics he is free to incorporate them, but I have no idea who the GG artists are or if they're interested in collaborating. My idea is we can have a PR 1.3 along w/ a new version of GG if we work together. I think it's too much work for just Chuck and me to do a revamp of PR graphics by ourselves, but I don't want to put words in his mouth (or tack on responsibilities). I doubt PR 1.3 is going to happen though. :(

Don't expect a lot of help from the GG crowd, what's being done here is in direct conflict with their strongly held belief that there should be 0% deviation from the original Privateer game.

That's their stand and we have to respect that.

But what we believe is that this PR mod should give the best possible space game immersion possible, given the underlying engine & our available resources, for the player - whether or not he/she is familiar with the WC universe.

And this will be done while preserving the spirit & feel of the original game.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

But what we believe is that this PR mod should give the best possible space game immersion possible, given the underlying engine & our available resources, for the player - whether or not he/she is familiar with the WC universe.

And this will be done while preserving the spirit & feel of the original game.
Amen!!!
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

Here is my graphics pack with a batch installer for windows users, I didn't include the new faces as they wouldn't be usable yet, all this is for is the cargo & upgrade icons I have made so far. Sorry linux & mac users I have windows only batch file, so you'll have to do this manually if you want to replace the graphics. :) I'm going to refocus my attention for a little while toward these pirate texture requests & also my pirate campaign, so this won't be updated for a little while.

Unrar in your Privateer directory 8)

[Edit] Ugh... here is a correctly spelled image recognition missile file, for those that downloaded and ran this already. I can't write a 3kb batch file w/out messing something up. :oops: I fixed the rar file for those who haven't already downloaded though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

double post
Last edited by z30 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Orthuberra wrote:Here is my graphics pack with a batch installer for windows users, I didn't include the new faces as they wouldn't be usable yet, all this is for is the cargo & upgrade icons I have made so far. Sorry linux & mac users I have windows only batch file, so you'll have to do this manually if you want to replace the graphics. :) I'm going to refocus my attention for a little while toward these pirate texture requests & also my pirate campaign, so this won't be updated for a little while.
That is just beautiful - this definitely has to be incorporated.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Great suff. Installation went without a hitch. Really clean, shiny and well modelled images. Congratulations and thanks!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Cool got the new one. I like the model. There great.
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

Here's a screenshot of some new cargos collaged together, that I talked about on my previous post a couple days before (which I deleted).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

very nice, but the cds and the cargo at the top right (prefab?) are a bit dark.
For every ounce of courage, every drope of hope..
A gallon of blood paid in advance...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Man, I don't want to express my expectations, but I have a feeling you just wonn't sleep before you've redone the whole games' artwork. :shock:

Where have you been all the time?
Orthuberra
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Orthuberra »

That one CD is casting a shadow on a couple of the others is why their a little dark (unless you mean the cases in which case they're black and hence dark). As for the Pre-fab I should shed some more light on it, you're right it is too dark.

As for where I've been, well this is the first time I looked for Privateer (nostalgia hit me), I'm also working on my own game in my spare time though (not related to WC). It's gonna be a dark-comedy FPS/RPG type of thing, but I'm still testing what game engine I want to use. I guess I don't sleep that much now that you mention it. :wink:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

The goods look good! :lol:
Rezaele
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rezaele »

@Orthuberra

Thank you very much for the continuing efforts. I've downloaded and installed your graphics pack without a hitch and got myself new shiny sparkling images :D