Bug Reports ?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Bug Reports ?

Post by Shissui »

Is there somebody who is maintaining the code for Privateer? My understanding is that this was Zaydana who may (or may not be?) still missing.

Bottom line, what do you want for me to do with a bug report for the Privateer campaign (Taryn Cross missions) ?
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

I don't know who, or if, anybody, has picked up the ball, --since my involvement is with WCU rather; but I can't remember Zaydana being involved with PR at all; though I may be wrong. The original developer and maintainer was MamiyaOtaru.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Maybe you are thinking of z30 who started the parallel universe he has not bin active lately there is lots of speculation on his where abouts.

Enjoy the Choice:)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

For PU issues, I might be the best adress since I hold and maintain the latest files. If you have problems with the Cross campaign, we didn't mess up with the campaigns (yet).
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Dilloh wrote:For PU issues, I might be the best adress since I hold and maintain the latest files. If you have problems with the Cross campaign, we didn't mess up with the campaigns (yet).
I have no issues with Parallel Universe. I have no intention to attempt to compile it until after I figure out why SVN will not compile.

SO, my question remains open.
Does anybody have a use for a bug report for Privateer ?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

First of all, what type of bug report is it? Can't you just make a forum post?

Also, what is the error you are getting in latest SVN?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Yes, I could just post the bug report. My concern is that there is nobody who will take responsibility for it and, by the time that there IS someone to work on it that the thread will have been buried in the mists of time.

I have done no further work to compile SVN since my last post in "compiling problems". I do intend to make another attempt soon, as I have a new disk image for 10.5. I propose to start with a clean 10.5 and try from the beginning with MacPorts instead of Fink. This may be grasping at straws, but I am pretty well out of things to try.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You can try here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=465658

That is for the "wcuniverse" project which hosts the privateer mod, so it's probably an appropriate place to put such bug reports. :-)

That being said, also post it in the forum if you want... it never hurts to have more people look at it (People will not get mad if you post the same thing twice...likely different people will see each one anyway)
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Very well. I have posted it as a bug report and also here.

Privateer, Taryn Cross missions, mission to explore Gamma.
The Dralthi swarm keep respawning even after mission "completion".

Description:
The task assigned is to go to Gamma, explore 4 locations & return. Your task is complicated by a swarm of dralthi at the entry jump point & by Clawhammer (Kameh) at one of the exploration points. The problem occurs when the fighter swarm respawns every visit, even after "completing" the mission.

To reproduce:
accept the mission, go to Gamma (you will scan the entry point on arrival) & return to base. Talk to Taryn Cross. She *incorrectly* accepts your one point exploration as completing the mission & assigns you to explore Delta Prime.

Consequences:
This is not a show stopper, but it does make getting the Steltek gun more difficult -- you are caught between the drone & the dralthi swarm on the way out, having already incurred damage from fighting the dralthi swarm (again) on the way in.

Since you did not visit Clawhammer before talking to Taryn Cross, you have not triggered the condition to make the dralthi stop respawning. If you now go to Delta Prime for your next mission, you will need to face these dralthi both on the way there AND on the way back. Sine you have already "completed" the mission, destroying Clawhammer does not make them go away.

Epilogue:
It is possible to complete this mission if you return to Gamma after getting the Steltek gun but before visiting a mining base. The dralthi will respawn as usual but *this time*, with no other missions pending, you can visit Clawhammer (+1 campaign point) & stop the respawn. Of course, you must also dodge the drone while you do this.

This is not a major bug, but it should be easy to fix. Taryn's test for mission completion needs to be repaired & possibly to write a "get on with it" dialogue for her to branch to.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Shissui wrote:To reproduce:
accept the mission, go to Gamma (you will scan the entry point on arrival) & return to base. Talk to Taryn Cross. She *incorrectly* accepts your one point exploration as completing the mission & assigns you to explore Delta Prime.
IOW, you're saying that if you return to Rygannon immediately after entering Gamma, and *without* exploring the other 3 nav-points and destroying the Khamekh, the mission is accepted by Cross as having been completed, but the rest of the game logic knows it hasn't; --but now has lost a way for the player to complete it? If so, that's more than a bug; it's poor design: The game state is probably split in more than one place... There should be a single class object called "state" that tracks completion; not one for fixers and another for game flow, that can get out of synchronization.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

To clarify:
chuck_starchaser wrote:you're saying that if you return to Rygannon immediately after entering Gamma, and *without* exploring the other 3 nav-points and destroying the Khamekh, the mission is accepted by Cross as having been completed
Correct -- Taryn accepts it as completed. I returned to Rygannon because I was too badly damaged to go on to fight Clawhammer. I visited Taryn to find out what the brush off was going to be & she gave me the next mission.

But to make the dralthi swarm go away, you need to have destroyed Clawhammer either before talking to Taryn again or after reporting back to her after getting the steltek gun. Fortunately Clawhammer will respawn every time you leave the system, so the mission can still be completed.

[More correctly, the clawhammer respawn is also a bug, but it is part of the larger (well documented) issue that objects in the system file will always be there -- like when I visited Eden early in the Privateer campaign.]
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I have problem too.

In the first Taryn Cross mission one of the way points asked to be scaned is a asteroid field, but i fly throght them all and it does not scan.

Ooh, what happened to MamiyaOtaru anyway???
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Shissui wrote:Privateer, Taryn Cross missions, mission to explore Gamma.
The Dralthi swarm keep respawning even after mission "completion".

Description:
The task assigned is to go to Gamma, explore 4 locations & return. Your task is complicated by a swarm of dralthi at the entry jump point & by Clawhammer (Kameh) at one of the exploration points. The problem occurs when the fighter swarm respawns every visit, even after "completing" the mission.
I don't know if this will be any help;
I have played this mission MANY times, mostly because I get chewed up and spat out by the Dralthi upon entering the system, (or blown away by the Clawhammer as there was not much of my ship left after dealing with the Dralthi), but I have never had them respawn, on my way through to Delta Prime or on the way back. I have never destroyed the Clawhammer and only once or twice explored the nav point (if it is that) where the Clawhammer is. But the mission succeeds.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859