Toggle afterburner and mouse control

Forum For Privateer Remake
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Dilloh wrote:
Shissui wrote:However, if that is not enough, I can suggest a few more ideas.
I'm excited to hear more...
I have proposed three simple changes. I would like to see how hard the fight is with those changes implemented.

I think that a very agile drone firing 5 guns to my one should be very hard to kill. I do not think that the drone needs a custom gun or an invisible turret. All it really needs is to block the most obvious exploits --
(a) my ship outranges it.
(b) i don't need to fight it at all if I slurp it into cargo.
(c) it doesn't react appropriately if it is getting blasted without hitting back.

However, if this is not enough to give pause to the ace pilots around here, then I can propose more radical changes.

Note: I do NOT consider myself in the category of "ace pilot". That is why I look for particular vulnerabilities.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Dilloh wrote:
Shissui wrote:make it immune to tractor beams. (if that is not easy -- give it a hold volume rating of infinity without changing the model.)
Is that possible? I might take a look at the jump points for they are the only objects which are definitively immune.
About a year ago or so, I worked with Spiritplumber on adding a "tractorable" flag for objects. Believe it or not, jump points were actually tractorable, at one point. I don't know whether those changes I worked on, and later Klauss fixed a few details, whether they were committed to the main trunk. I hope so. Check if in your units.cfg there's a column, --it would probably be far to the right of the sheet--, named something like "tractorable".