Hud Editor Stable Release

Forum For Privateer Remake
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor Stable Release

Post by Paul »

I've released a final version of the Cockpit Editor for Privateer Remake 1.2. It should work with WCU cockpits as well as Privateer Gold cockpits. It does not work with VegStrike cockpits yet.

You can find it in this topic.

Hud Editor stable Release
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Not to pick nits, but shouldn't it be called "cockpit editor" then? I mean, huds are the green grids you see on your ships screen when you target a ship.

Anyway, gonna try this out - there are requests for pu cockpits.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

picking nits

Post by Paul »

Dilloh wrote:Not to pick nits, but shouldn't it be called "cockpit editor" then? I mean, huds are the green grids you see on your ships screen when you target a ship.

Ok, I'll pick some nits that until now, I had ignored.

H.U.D. = "Heads Up Display". Which in computer gaming (at least everywhere else) is that part of the screen that does not appear to move, or in this case, your cockpit. Therefore, what you people have been calling HUD, is in fact, only an element of the H.U.D. I know, the thing you are talking about, the image of a targeted object, is called HUD in the code. That still doesn't make it a HUD.

You may be right, people may not find the tool because of it's name and the use of the word HUD on these forums. Call me a stickler for details. I still chose to call it H.U.D. editor.

Anyway, let me know if you have any problems with the editor, after you read the included help file.
Last edited by Paul on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt."
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Re: picking nits

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Paul wrote:
Dilloh wrote:Not to pick nits, but shouldn't it be called "cockpit editor" then? I mean, huds are the green grids you see on your ships screen when you target a ship.

H.U.D. = "Heads Up Display". Which in computer gaming (at least everywhere else) is that part of the screen that does not appear to move, or in this case, your cockpit. Therefore, what you people have been calling HUD, is in fact, only an element of the H.U.D. I know, the thing you are talking about, the image of a targeted object, is called HUD in the code. That still doesn't make it a HUD.

You may be right, people may not find the tool because of it's name and the use of the word HUD on these forums. Call me a stickler for details. I still chose to call it H.U.D. editor.

Anyway, let me know if you have any problems with the editor, after you read the included help file.

"Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt."
The HUDs. I Privateer the Vid com and rest is referred to as HUD. The staticy fancy template is called a Cockpit.

Plaese you do haven't earned the right to post advice lick you did. (well looking at your account that is.)
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Paul »

Last edited by Paul on Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Re: picking nits

Post by Paul »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote: Plaese you do haven't earned the right to post advice lick you did. (well looking at your account that is.)
pfft

I don't expect anyone to change their nomenclature on these forums, I didn't ask them to. As a matter of fact, I would never have said anything at all about the inacurate use of the word HUD, if someone hadn't criticized, however politely (or not), my choice of names for my H.U.D. editor.

What I did have to say, was only in explanation (not that I needed to), of my choice.
Last edited by Paul on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

If you want to KEEP TELLING US NOT TO BE STUIPED attach it to you signiture. :x

Team Fortress 2
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Paul »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:If you want to KEEP TELLING US NOT TO BE STUIPED attach it to you signiture. :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To begin with, why would you presume to tell me what is and is not an appropriate post?

For instance, while I may think it, I would never presume to tell you, "Anyone, who has nothing better to do, can make posts after post after post to a self created topic, with little or no replies and thereby aquire a very high forum rank".

Fear not micheal_andreas_stahl, if I think you are stupid, I will most definately tell you so.

@ micheal_andreas_stahl "Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

@ micheal_andreas_stahl "Sometimes, it's better to let others think you are stupid, rather than leave no doubt.
I take it your telling me i'm stupid.
For instance, while I may think it, I would never presume to tell you, "Anyone, who has nothing better to do, can make posts after post after post to a self created topic, with little or no replies and thereby aquire a very high forum rank".
I worked hard to get my rank.

ImageImageImage

Team Fortress 2
Paul
Merchant
Merchant

Hud Editor 1.2.0.1

Post by Paul »

@micheal_andreas_stahl now you're catching on :lol:

After all, I spend day after day writing a program that edits cockpits for an obscure remake of an old game, with absolutely no way to know if it's even being used, but, it makes me happy to do so.

BTW - if anyone is interested, I just made another release in;

Hud Editor stable release

If you're making cockpits, this one is a must have.