Keyboard does not work

Forum For Privateer Remake
Ian
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Keyboard does not work

Post by Ian »

My joystick and mouse both work, but most keys on the keyboard do not. I have not mapped all the unworking keys as of yet, but the nonworking keys include "J" [Jump] and "Esc" [quit].

I searched the forum, but saw nothing related to this error.

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any sugguestions?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Strange. Caps Lock is off?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Are you using a Standard US-Qwerty keyboard? If not, we have had some problems lately with SDL doing something wierd with the keyboard layout.

This has been fixed in latest subversion sources with a unicode option.

Aside from that I'm not sure how to help. I assume you have rebooted, made sure caps-lock is off, and didn't enable StickyKeys by holding down shift too long (it's happened to me before).
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Problem could also stem from using a USB Keyboard. They don't always work with all programs and being USB they are driver reliant.

Meaning if anything goes wrong with your system the USB Keyboard can easily be cut off and stop responding.

Barring that. . .

Just to cover all the basis, did you equip your ship with a jump drive and were you flying through a jump point when you tried using the "J" button?

The ESC key also doesn't work during all aspects of the game and depending on your system may have a delayed reaction.
Ian
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the responses. The keyboard works now after I reinstalled.