Autopilot after PU-1.1b6

Forum For Privateer Remake
scarredone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Autopilot after PU-1.1b6

Post by scarredone »

After I updated with PU-1.1b6 and I was doing patrol runs in Troy sector, I noticed the bases were larger and could be docked from farther away.

Anyway, the problem I am having is when I put on autopilot, if I get within 120,000 range of a base it wont let me continue autopilot. It is really annoying when you are trying to move through the system and you have to sit and wait, especially with no afterburner in my poor stock Tarsus.

Is there a file I can modify so I can continue autopilot until closer to the base? If there is could someone please explain it in a broken-down barney style kinda way?

This is one of my favorite games of all time and I am so happy I could play it again.

Also, what would be a good way to learn some modding of the game? I would love to contribute, but do not currently know programming or how to modify skins or any of that kind of stuff, but I would love to learn if anyone had some advice on the matter.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome scarredone i don't play this mod but check our wiki http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/Vegastrike for the modding info have fun 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Welcome,

to fix the mining base issue, go to the parallel universe thread. You'll find two files called canonHUDs1.32 at page 39. Unrar them into your /Privateer folder, overwrite all. Afterwards, run setup.bat in your /Privateer folder,

The wiki is great to learn more about the tags the game uses, but I found out most by looking up the game files.

Regards
scarredone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

thanks!

Post by scarredone »

Thanks very much, I installed the files and it works fine now.