Mining bases are 200,000 k in diameter!

Forum For Privateer Remake
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Mining bases are 200,000 k in diameter!

Post by ozyran »

Hey everyone,
I applied the Privateer Remake v1.2 Parallel Universe 1.0 patch, and a couple of things happened:
a.) I can't buy the Centurion, even though I have over 600,000cr.
b.) The mining bases are HUGE! We're talking a diameter of over 200,000k.
How do I fix this?
Thanks,
oz
1 John 3:16 - a creed to live by.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

By installing canonHUDs1.4, available in the PU thread at page 39.

Download both files, unrar them into a temp folder, copy the extracts into your Privateer folder, overwrite all an afterwards run setup.bat in your Privateer folder.

It'll also fix some other bugs.
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ozyran »

Ok, I'll see what happens. Thanks!

BTW, that's got to be the biggest base I've ever seen.

*edit: The base was so big it engulfed the entire asteroid field!
Last edited by ozyran on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Uhm sorry, I meant canonHUDs1.32.

The thing was fixed with canonHUDs1.22doublefix. WCU uses those big scales, ignoring the fact that you can't complete cargo runs (such as taylas missions).

Concerning the Centurion issue, which one do you want to buy? The one available from the ships list (blank or milspec?) or the one available in the showroom? Since I'm bringing out canonHUDs, I can tell that I didn't fix this bug because no one ever told about it. If it is truely a bug, I might go for it.
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ozyran »

Thanks for directing me to the patch; it seemed to fix the problem with the scaling for the bases.

As for the Centurion, if I try to buy it while I'm in the Upgrade Menu, it won't let me buy it. If I try to buy it from the salesman, I can't. Instead, I gain 200,000cr! I'm not one to complain, but if I wanted more money, I could just hack my way to riches :wink:

Thanks for your help!

~oz
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Sounds like a bug. To go after it, I need more info. I need at least one confirmation from another player. Did you try to run a new game, or better reinstall PR, PU and canonHUDs? Sometimes, savegames are corrupted, this happens mostly by user hacks or backups, but also by altering files with inadequate editors.
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

I don't know if it's related but I had a similar problem a few months back.

Basically I had to sell the ship I was using before the ship dealer would let me buy any of the three primary Privateer ships.

The Ship Dealer would even tell me sorry when this happened. But I never got money from it.

I just had to get rid of my present ship before the ship dealer would let me buy a new ship.

Was a minor problem and the sold ship was still in My Fleet so I thought nothing of it at the time.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Really strange... It could be a PR bug, since I don't think that z30 did changes to the Centurion.

If you're buying via showroom, your old ship will automatically be sold. Maybe it doesn't work when you already own 2+ ships, or if you try to buy a ship when owning a PU ship before (so the showroom guy wouldn't know how to treat the ship according to payment).

I don't know. Since I haven't touched the Centurion for myself, I have no clue where to start from searching.
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ozyran »

Well, to give you a little background, this happened after I installed PR, PU, and I added the Fireblade mod to PR. At this point in time I was solely running cargo missions across Gemini Sector and had not even thought to touch the save game; I was going to try to play this one the honest way through.

Maybe it's related to the Fireblade mod that I installed; I'm not complaining though. After all, there is always the Sabre :D

~oz
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay now. The Fireblade not only requires PU, but it is also based on canonHUDs1.32. Without it, many things will go wrong. And I released the Fireblade as beta (although I didn't mention that concretely), because I wanted help with the ship dealer issue. So you might want to avoid using the Fireblade for gameplay until I can offer a stable release.

But hell, the ship rocks, doesn't it? 8)