Cargo Ship Concept

Forum For Privateer Remake
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Cargo Ship Concept

Post by ozyran »

Hey everyone,
Since it's been a while since the last time I showed my face, I thought I'd re-introduce myself. I'm Donald, and it's great to meet you all (again :D )

Anyways, earlier I had an epiphany. Why not modify/design a ship that had no weapons, heavy armor, and high speed? Basically, something like a Galaxy, with sacrifices of weaponry for a speed and armor advantage.

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm feeling my way around and looking for a way to go.

I also had the idea of designing something like a Talon, with only 1 small laser, no missile hardpoints, light armor, and TONS of speed.

Just a couple of thoughts. Thanks!
~oz
1 John 3:16 - a creed to live by.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I've created a ship a few days ago, it should suit your needs for a really fast, low armed, low shielded and low armored. Go here to get it. Unrar it and copy it into your /Privateer folder, make a complete backup of it first as it is based on PU1.1b6 with canonHUDs1.32 and will change a lot more in the game, including features which you can't access if you don't have the updates mentioned above.

I'll further rebalance the ship and could need some opinions. Note that it is not yet available in the Ship Dealer, so you'll have to access it via hacking yourself a fireblade.blank into your savegame.

For the other ship, we'd need some more infos (specs) as well as the combat role the ship shall fit. Is it a freighter? A blockade runner? Or something else?
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ozyran »

Yeah, I think something like a blockade runner is what I had in mind. Something tough that can carry a payload through hostile enemy territory no problem.

Or, if you can't get away from the baddies, use it as a blockade breaker...if you can't dodge 'em, ram 'em!

(pun completely intended)
1 John 3:16 - a creed to live by.