Updates and downloads for PR 1.2?

Forum For Privateer Remake
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Updates and downloads for PR 1.2?

Post by bjrog2 »

Hi all,
Ben here... at last. Umm i havent been online in a good two or three months, and am currently looking for the latest mods / patches for Privateer v1.2. As far as i know, the latest 'mod' ive downloaded is the one including such ships as the Tarsus Mk2, GalaxyGS, Khurki etc...

If anyone (and im sure most of you are) are up to speed with development on this game, could you please point me in the right direction of an new news / mods / downloads for the game.

Cheers to all,
Ben
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You need PU1.1b6, which you most likely have since it has not been updated for several months. You can find it here.

Update it with canonHUDs1.32 (part 1 here and 2 here) and run setup.bat afterwards for auto-bugfixing.

Further downloads such as new crosshairs can be found in this thread. A campaign fixer which prevents the palan hunter kills from affecting your relationship is here.

For Zool's rebalance go here, and this is the readme. The rebalance changes some ship values to make the game a better longplayer and to allow more individual equipment mixes.

There a currently efforts to implement a new ammo-based Gauss/Reaper gun into the game. Beta csv files are already available. Look at this thread.

I think that's all.
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bjrog2 »

Wow, Dilloh for Prez... Got everything up and running in no time.

Cheers to you buddy :D
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

lol being here as long as I have... one of the few who has 2005 as a join date in the PR forum. I think for as long as Dilloh's been here he's done really great. Seeing how things have been I'd say he's already there. :wink: lol :)
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Thx Draken, but I'm just an oldschool dos gamer who was trying to get the original priv running on xp (which I managed btw) and encountered PR... Privateer has been my fav game for many years and I always wanted to fly a Demon. I started off with Gemini Gold and kicked it as soon as I realized that PR allows to fly all ships. I first joined this forum to tell everybody that I found out how to aquire 4 steltek guns without hacks - well, it was not that new after all :oops: . After some browsing I eventually found out more about the PU thread and wanted to have it! Progress went on too slow in my opinion so I began to help. During z30's absence I realized that I pushed it forward... but I don't want to tell you my whole curriculum vitae :wink: . More important is that many other persons began to mod when they realized that you can get a good overview within a few weeks - and we now have an excellent bunch of patches. I think z30's and my future work will be more and more implementing those great patches rather than doing something on our own.

But hey, keep on modding guys!!!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

When i joined i don't think they had evan started it!? Not sure though. I can be blind. Anyway. Three best people (there is no order) 1 z30, 2 Dilloh, 3 ( i have forgoten the name of the guy who did all the early turret values. [well him Image])
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bjrog2 »

<<< would love to be able to contribute, but being 18 and brought up stricktly on windows, i fear i cannot do much to assist... Is there a "DOS programming for dummies" book? Or some sort of graphics rendering program i could download do texture sttuff with? I almost feel guilty enjoying the game as much as i do without being able to help out...

Ben
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I do most my stuff on windows as it is mainly PR we work on.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

@Andy - you mean Gosshawk - he's still active though it became a little quite about him.

@bjrog2 - Usable software is Wings3D and Blender3D, just google for it. They're freeware and all WCU ships were made with that. I experimented a bit with Wings3D and think it takes a lot of practice. I'd suggest to start off with existing ships and textures and mod these - it's far easier and also it is necessary knowledge if you want to create a functional object.
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bjrog2 »

Umm, question guys. As far as the mods go that i previously installed.. i found a couple of glitches;

1. When my ship is damaged, instead of seeing grey-flicker on the screens, shield screen, etc., i see white, as if the graphic is missing...

2. The sparrowhawk doesnt appear to me in comat when im fighting it. I get the little red box around it, but its as if the ship is invisible. Same problem? It comes up on the HUD though, so i can see its damage status.

3. The Orion MKII is the opposite, it doesnt come up on my ships HUD when fighting it, but i can see it in space...

This is all ive found so far, any ideas?

Cheers, Ben
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

1.) I dunno. Could you post a screenshot?
2+3.) Did you run setup.bat in your /Privateer folder?
scarredone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

texturing

Post by scarredone »

I tried opening the files with both Wings3D and Blender3D, and both said they couldn't open the file types. Is there something that I am missing? I tried opening planets, bases, and ships.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@scarredone the engine uses bfxm which is not openable by blender or wing3D you have to convert them with mesher that you can find in the bin folder of the windows version it's strictly cmd line ATM http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=8169 check this thread.Snow Cat is working on a GUI for it.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
scarredone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Wings3D

Post by scarredone »

Well this is odd, I opened Wings3D once and it opened fine. Now it wont load, says "abnormal termination" at the launcher. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several different versions, and keep getting the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this yet? Don't mind me and my 8000 questions, trying to learn so I can help lol.
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

the canonHUDS arent available as attachments any more... can someone repost them?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Since they have grown in size, I mirrored them external. Look at the link in my signature.

I'd suggest to download PU1.1b6-DSE, which is the newest version available, no need to user any version of canonHUDs at the moment. The next release for DSE will be canonHUDs2.0 or 2.0a.

If you insist on using PU1.1b6, download canonHUDs1.4 and use the units.rar replacement I've posted in the PU thread on page 44.
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Okay, so exactly what order should I install what in? Do I always want a newer file to override an older one?

It seems that the rebalance one has some older files than the first thing I was supposed to install... mostly cockpit stuff... what is in the PU stuff thats not in the ZR stuff and vice versa?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Always override.

1.) Install PR1.2
2.) Install PU1.1b6-DSE
3.) Run setup.bat in your /Privateer folder

OR

1.) Install PR1.2
2.) Install PU1.1b6
3.) Install canonHUDs1.4
4.) Run setup.bat in your /Privateer folder
5.) Replace units.csv with the file posted in the PU thread on page 44.

Zool's Rebalance is currenty outdated, but he already works on a new one which will most likely be taken into the next "official" canonHUDs release, so you'll need to wait a bit for the rebalance.

PU is the file containing new ships, guns, etc. New versions appear unfrequently, consider this file as the base for all other mods.

canonHUDs is the regular update for PU, so that you don't have to wait for
the newest implements until the next, huge PU download is out. You'll get canonHUDs in small, dial-up friendly packs. canonHUDs accumulates all popular mods from all users, so you also don't have to pick them out seperately. canonHUDs and PU1.1b6-DSE or above contain a file called changelog.txt, you can see there what made it in.

ZR is the file which allows you to customize all ships (also PU) better. But as I said, you need to wait for his new version or for the next official patch.
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

oh by the way, where do I start the bonus campaign?

And whats this about some shields having only partial efficiency? is there a way to make all the shields in the game act the same?

And in the current version, does the Demon get upgrades at RF?

Also, a long while back I wrote about some issues I had with the gameplay in this thread:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?p=80252

Now that I'm playing a different version, is there a place to make good money in a galaxy doing non mission style cargo runs?
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Gavinfoxx wrote:where do I start the bonus campaign?
You can start it anytime, before, during or after the two storyline campaigns. Just go to Munchen Refinery in Tingerhoff and talk to Destinee.
Gavinfoxx wrote:And whats this about some shields having only partial efficiency? is there a way to make all the shields in the game act the same?
Let me try to explain this concept better. When I was going through the units.csv file, looking for things I could "tweak" for ZR, I found a column labelled shield efficiency and noticed that one (or maybe two) low end shields had a different "shield efficiency" rating to the others. Now, (and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here), I thought that meant something like a "hardness" setting if you will for the shields, so I tried to make a device that you could add on to your ship(s) and increase the "hardness" of your shields. I didn't want to go and make it so that light and medium fighters could mount the BIGGER shields available, and some people might think that having light fighters be able to equip up to level 4 shields a bit much. So smaller ships are still restricted to lighter shields but can add a device to improve them, make them more "efficient". This is an experimental device at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out if it actually works. BTW it's only available in ZR.

As things are now, all shield except level 0 and maybe level 1 are the same efficiency
Gavinfoxx wrote:And in the current version, does the Demon get upgrades at RF?
That's a good question, and I don't know, Anyone??
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

I found a bug, I think.

The Kuhkri (sp) is supposed to have the guns in the center, but when I got it, it had the standard sucky gladius layout. :( Is there any way I can fix this myself?

Also, I havent seen any demon varient fighters, just the wierd lighter one with the wierd guns. Is this a feature or what? And is it possible to get those guns on another fighter, I wanna try them out! :D
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

There is only one variant for the Demon, it's the Fireblade in the latest PU mod. Otherwise any Demon you see is just a Demon.
The demon does not become available to buy until you have completed part of the campaign in the Palan system. (I don't want to say too much and spoil it for you.) You will see Demons (and Fireblades if you are running the latest mod), in the game though. You can buy the Fireblade fron game start (if you've got the half million creds for one). :shock: They are very cool. 8)

Hey Dilloh old mate, where can one buy the HK1303's. I'd like to try them out too. I bought a Fireblade but it didn't come with the special guns. :evil:

Don't know about the Kukhri though, I haven't bought one or flown one.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Zool wrote:
Gavinfoxx wrote:And whats this about some shields having only partial efficiency? is there a way to make all the shields in the game act the same?
Let me try to explain this concept better. When I was going through the units.csv file, looking for things I could "tweak" for ZR, I found a column labelled shield efficiency and noticed that one (or maybe two) low end shields had a different "shield efficiency" rating to the others. Now, (and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here), I thought that meant something like a "hardness" setting if you will for the shields, so I tried to make a device that you could add on to your ship(s) and increase the "hardness" of your shields. I didn't want to go and make it so that light and medium fighters could mount the BIGGER shields available, and some people might think that having light fighters be able to equip up to level 4 shields a bit much. So smaller ships are still restricted to lighter shields but can add a device to improve them, make them more "efficient". This is an experimental device at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out if it actually works. BTW it's only available in ZR.
I'm not too sure, just guessing anyway, but I'd divide shield functions into two types:
a.) total shield capacity (e.g. shield x can take 100mj in total)
b.) shield force (e.g. shield x can take 20mj of any damage, so if you are hit bei 30mj, your armor is being damaged with 10mj)
Maybe Gavinfoxx should ask his question again, with more details?
Gavinfoxx wrote:And in the current version, does the Demon get upgrades at RF?
No, only the original ships (TarsusMK1, Orion, Galaxy, Centurion) get an upgrade. It should be medium work to enhance also other ships. This points me to a question, Zool, does your rebalance also affect those RF-rebalanced ships?
Gavinfoxx wrote:The Kuhkri (sp) is supposed to have the guns in the center, but when I got it, it had the standard sucky gladius layout. Sad Is there any way I can fix this myself?
Well, I'm not sure since I didn't create it, but I created its HUD yes, I wonder why I haven't seen it before. I took the old HUD as a base to create the new one. Anybody still owning 1.1b6 and willing to try out (without updates) if the gun in the middle is deleted? - Maybe I deleted it accidentally. At least, the Kukhri should be able to carry more missiles.
Gavinfoxx wrote:Also, I havent seen any demon varient fighters, just the wierd lighter one with the wierd guns. Is this a feature or what? And is it possible to get those guns on another fighter, I wanna try them out!
There are currently no other Demon variants except of the Fireblade, and I don't see a reason to make a *better* Demon because the stock one already rocks. A DemonMK2 would be close to a godship. The Fireblade, the "weird light figher" (I take it as a compliment :wink: ), is available at most ship dealers around Gemini. Its guns are not for sale, but you can strip them off from your Fireblade, switch to another ship and mount it there (without saving/loading or changing base in between). Be aware though, they are only mountable on special slots, but if you have no use for tractor beams, you can make your fighter even more deadly with the guns.
Zool wrote:Hey Dilloh old mate, where can one buy the HK1303's. I'd like to try them out too. I bought a Fireblade but it didn't come with the special guns.
I recently pointed you to the patch (units.rar) which reenables the Fireblade properly. If you installed, it should work. If not, sell your old Fireblade and buy a new one. You'll have the 4 guns, and don't forget to check out the cloak (ctrl+c)!
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Dilloh:

I dont really *need* to know about the shield thing, I had just heard something mentioned that seemed interesting.

About the upgrades... that really sucks that the nicer ships don't get upgrades. I was hoping to play some of the other ships all the way through RF. are some of the other ships still playable at that point, even without upgradaes? Cause it's been *forever* since I've flown a Sabre, and boy do I have some fond memories of that! Also, are there some ships that dont have the full cockpits? if so, which ones are those? I am wanting to stay away from the ones that dont have that...

As it is, what is a good upgrade path for the mercenary type?

And my problem with the Kukhri is the fact that there are guns on the wingtips rather than in the middle. I'm able to fire the full three guns and the special gun, but they are in the wrong spot... the Kukhri was supposed to be a major upgrade on the Gladius.

Also, so far I haven't seen certain fighters... is the Rapier added? The Epee? Where can I find a listing of all the fighters in this version and the correct stats for them?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I dont really *need* to know about the shield thing, I had just heard something mentioned that seemed interesting.
The reply primarly was for Zool as he is currently rebalancing the whole stuff, rather than for information at all. We often loose ourselves in discussions around here :lol:
About the upgrades... that really sucks that the nicer ships don't get upgrades. I was hoping to play some of the other ships all the way through RF.
@Zool, I'd consider this as a user request to carefully try to improve the other ships with the beginning of RF - which would in case of your rebalance just mean to enlarge the upgrade capacity.
are some of the other ships still playable at that point, even without upgradaes?
All ships are playable in RF, but only the named ships enhance a bit. Although I favor the Centurion in RF, the Demon is still a Killer. But some ships really loose their advantage with the beginning of RF.
Cause it's been *forever* since I've flown a Sabre, and boy do I have some fond memories of that!
The Sabre is in-game. Check it out!
Also, are there some ships that dont have the full cockpits? if so, which ones are those? I am wanting to stay away from the ones that dont have that...
Only the capships (Drayman, DraymanCVL, Paradigm and Kamekh) still don't have a cockpit. Since they are no fighters and annoying boring to be used, this is no loss at all.
As it is, what is a good upgrade path for the mercenary type?
My own "priority list" goes like this:
1.) Demon, 4 Lasers, Afterburners, reasonable reactors+shields
2.) Autotrackers!!!
3.) Tachyon guns
4.) Not worth their money: Enhanced radars, thrust/turnjet enhancers, Repair Droids, cargo expansion and ECM (fast ships can simply evade missiles)
And my problem with the Kukhri is the fact that there are guns on the wingtips rather than in the middle. I'm able to fire the full three guns and the special gun, but they are in the wrong spot... the Kukhri was supposed to be a major upgrade on the Gladius.
This is why most people favor the Demon - its guns are nearly 100% in the middle. But any ship with autotrackers looses this disadvantage. Gun placement is a major point why ships are popular or not. But as I said, head to Perry and buy Autotrackers, they are some of the most useful items in the game.
Also, so far I haven't seen certain fighters... is the Rapier added? The Epee? Where can I find a listing of all the fighters in this version and the correct stats for them?
Those ships aren't in yet, and I delayed further fighter implements from myself in favor of scripting campaign. A list doesn't exist at all, but you can look up your units directory to see what ships exist. For stats, I'm afraid you'll have to look up the ship dealer informations. But since we are also working on a PU website with our own "manual", the stats will come, sooner or later. Btw, we need a volunteer for that... :D