Missing Nav Map/Screen Info

Forum For Privateer Remake
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Missing Nav Map/Screen Info

Post by Zool »

When flying a mission to Lisacc I noticed that the nav map screens ([ctrl-n] in flight) were missing some waypoints.
1)BP Tango system missing Nitir Jump Point
2)Lisacc system missing Lisacc Mine AND the BP Tango Jump Point
3)Lisacc system, player ship not showing

There's no problem selecting them with the [n] key

Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this previously.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Try to zoom out using your mouse wheel. Maybe the nav points are placed at a remoter point. If the nav points and bases exist, they should be also on the map.
Melonhead
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Melonhead »

I've also noticed random missing system info. A restart seems to clear it up, but it's definitely not a scroll in/out problem. I was worried about a corrupt savegame, until the game restart fixed it. It seems to happen consistently after going to a non-Gemini system, and then loading a Gemini system savegame. There seems to be a scale difference between Gemini and non-Gemini systems, but I can't quite describe it.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

Tried the zoom out/in wtih the mouse wheel. still nothing in the following systems: Lisacc, CM-N1054 and Rygannon.
In normal play you can select the nav points [n] but they do not appear in the nav nap screen [crtl-n].
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
cmptch
Merchant
Merchant

Post by cmptch »

I've noticed a scale difference as well. I seem to come up to jump points faster in non-gemini systems, if that makes sense to you.
Backup your data unless you want to lose it.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

WCU uses different scalings to be more realistic, meaning smaller jumppoints, much bigger planets and bases, and different distances. PR is nearer to its ancestor, where the scales and speeds are far away from realism.
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

realism is much better, makes the universe feel so large. ^.^ when i first started, i thought that the troy system was like.. a portion of the universe, not just a single system..
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I think we'll have to talk about that when it is about time. Currently, the whole PR engine is written for the low distances. Missions only run within those distances. Scale up a base and you will no longer be able to complete e.g. cargo missions, because you collide with the base before you come into "real" docking range. Anyway, it's a matter of taste. I appriciate fast gameplay. If I want a large universe, I get myself a jumpdrive and explore everything.