Better Equipment Balance

Forum For Privateer Remake
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Better Equipment Balance

Post by Zool »

I love my Centurion and Demon but the level restrictions on shields and reactors limit their ability especially in the camapigns.

What if the restrictions were lifted a bit so that Centurion could take Level 5 (at least) or above reactors and shield but have it so that the higher level shield and reactors took up more space on the ship??

ie. level 1 shield and reactor takes up 1 unit each.
level 2 uses 2 units each
level 3 uses 3 units each
and so on.
(or up them 1/2 a space unit each instead of 1 unit each)

The compromise is that you can have bigger shields/reactors but a bit less room for other equipment. (maybe have to adjust the equipment space on each ship slightly).

How about level 5 (or 6) for Centurion, Level 3 (or 4) for Demon, Level 3 for Tarsus, Orion has level 7 already and level 5 (or 6) for Galaxy and others similarly adjusted.

This would also enable people to play on higher a difficulty if they chose.
I have trouble playing above medium and some of the campaign missions (ie Murphy missions in Palan, scout Delta Prime with a million Dralthi on your butt and the final RF mission with all those Salthi...........WOW)
I know I'm not the greatest pilot in the Gemini Sector but I have seen from many posts in the forum others have trouble as well and even on the Easier difficulty setting one can get hammered badly and often.

Any thoughts???
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

You could change the stats in the units.cvs and the master_part_list.csv quite easy by yourself. Well, at least that's what I did. :wink:
BTW, restricting the upgrades by space is a cool idea.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The classic ships' stats will automatically improve when rf launches. centurion will go up to level 4. So long, you'll need to hack or just duck and cover. When I'm playing the campaign, I don't shoot any foe in my way. Especially in Tayla missions, I restricted my work to afterburn thorugh the systems, leaving the dralthis behind. For beating palan, just take some bounty or cleansweep missions in palan and let the cats to the job for you.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I have not read the above, but, i have made a cap ship shield but do not know if it works or not. I will try to perfect it.

I fight with missiles as i'm not the best pilot.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I have not read the above, but, i have made a cap ship shield but do not know if it works or not. I will try to perfect it.
Could you please post the units.cvs entries you made? I made a heavier shield myself as well as a bigger reactor and would like to compare it with yours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.