No radar and buggy MFD's

Forum For Privateer Remake
robSlider
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

No radar and buggy MFD's

Post by robSlider »

Wondering if this is an issue being addressed, or if it's just me. The radar display will not work at all, despite several changes to video and performance. Also (minor issue) the MFD for comms does not show anyone when talking to other units, and the damage display does not come up either. Any ideas?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@robSlider i don't play the remake the main engine is my normal bailiwick but it may be that your install is not complete.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Is this a technical or a gameplay issue? If it is gameplay:
- You need to buy a radar to view the points on the gridded screen, and an advanced radar to see colored points
- You don't see yourself when you talk to others. Additionally, the original Privateer had some choices for campaign comms, which are out in PR
- Damage display (Damage report?) shows up by hitting R. "Crushed" glass doesn't exist :wink: , still a damaged radar or internal systems can also affect other display options.

If it is a technical issue:
- Get the newest video card driver, this will speed up the game enourmously and solve most display trouble. I didn't believe that cus all other games worked well, still I solved my problems with that.
- Check if the selected resolution is supported by your card and / or monitor
- Check if video card drivers are loaded, or if it is just the stock windows driver which is running (which supports only lower res)
- Switch system colors to 16.7mil
- Reinstall PR as loki supposed

More infos about your machine, OS, PR version, etc. might help
robSlider
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

did not work

Post by robSlider »

OK, I checked that the drivers are all up to date (they are), reinstalled the game, and ran the patch as well. still nothing. hmmmm....
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: No radar and buggy MFD's

Post by klauss »

robSlider wrote:Wondering if this is an issue being addressed, or if it's just me. The radar display will not work at all, despite several changes to video and performance. Also (minor issue) the MFD for comms does not show anyone when talking to other units, and the damage display does not come up either. Any ideas?
That's an old driver-related problem.
What card, OS and stuff do you have?
ATI is renowned for bad GL support, and worse Linux support. Though ATI on Windows tends to work (not great, but work at least).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe