How to mine asteriod?

Forum For Privateer Remake
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

How to mine asteriod?

Post by feeltheat »

Hi,

I read the game manual and you can actually mine asteriods!! but how to do it? i got a track team install and switch it on, but i cannot seem to be able to target asteriod at all.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

Use the U-button it will track all objekts like pilots, cargo pods and asteroids. Not all asteroids can be tergetet though, those interesting appear as orange-brown objekts on your radar.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Shooting at asteroids will create those "orange" ores, shooting at the ores will further mine them.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Dilloh wrote:Shooting at asteroids will create those "orange" ores, shooting at the ores will further mine them.
==================================

so just aim at any big asteriod and shoot at them? and the smaller pieces will turn into orange color and can be pick up by tractor beam?
nuntym
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by nuntym »

Yep! And if you have the patience, it can be quite profitable. For you see, each asteroid can be sold for 1000+ credits in a refinery.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

nuntym wrote:Yep! And if you have the patience, it can be quite profitable. For you see, each asteroid can be sold for 1000+ credits in a refinery.
===========================================

how many blasts i need? at what range to blast at them? and what type of guns can best use to blast asteriods?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The power of two laser blasts should be enough, cumulated with the weapons range - should be enough. Just play sitting duck in the asteroid field and wait until a rock passes your window