Can we have wingmen in the game?

Forum For Privateer Remake
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Can we have wingmen in the game?

Post by feeltheat »

Hi All,

I notice that we can actually purchase fighters in the commercial/trading screen.

Are there just part of our cargo or they are actually can be used as wingmen?

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Both, though you won't make any profit hauling ships. But you can buy stock ships as wingmen and when you launch them, they'll be armed properly.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

You could go to a Kilrathi held system and suck up a ship and you have wing men in your hold.

P.S. You have to have a drayman or some other cap ship.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:You could go to a Kilrathi held system and suck up a ship and you have wing men in your hold.

P.S. You have to have a drayman or some other cap ship.
==========================================

Currently, i have 2 ships in my cargo hold. I have modified my Centurion to have 5000 cargo hold space.

how to hire wingmen to pilot my extra ships in cargo hold?
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Dilloh wrote:Both, though you won't make any profit hauling ships. But you can buy stock ships as wingmen and when you launch them, they'll be armed properly.

how to launch them? i bought two centurions in my cargo hold, and also i have kill a retro and use tractor beam to take in his damaged talon ship.

beside selling the talon ship can i repair it and use it as my wingman?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

No need to repair the ships. Launch single ships by hitting ctrl+x, the ship will be fully repaired and piloted. Ctrl+a to attack your target, ctrl+h to help you. For more read the manual. Note that your wingmen are a lot dumber than the ki foes.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Dilloh wrote:No need to repair the ships. Launch single ships by hitting ctrl+x, the ship will be fully repaired and piloted. Ctrl+a to attack your target, ctrl+h to help you. For more read the manual. Note that your wingmen are a lot dumber than the ki foes.
=============================================

there is a game manual specially made for remake 1.2? where to get it?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

============================================

by the way i read the manual. it say when picking up prisoner you press M and then press alt+s??? but i thot using tracking beam can haul in the prison??? i done that thru tractor beam. alt+s does not seem to work.

by the way i just manage to use tractor beam to haul in the whole Paradigm ship hehe.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

feeltheat wrote:by the way i just manage to use tractor beam to haul in the whole Paradigm ship hehe.
Be careful! If you start to haul in bases like Perry or New Detroit you might get into trouble resupplying your ship. :wink:
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Sligor wrote:
feeltheat wrote:by the way i just manage to use tractor beam to haul in the whole Paradigm ship hehe.
Be careful! If you start to haul in bases like Perry or New Detroit you might get into trouble resupplying your ship. :wink:
==============================================

wow .. oh yeah by the i dont think you can haul object that got a mass larger than your cargo hold right? can we??
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

I don't know. But I also never tried to swallow a Paradigm with a Centurion :wink:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You can tractor in everything if you hack. But it won't be useful - I once tractored in an empty navpoint (without hacking btw), I sold it for 10 creds. Nothing you can do with that, except of dropping it elsewhere when it's still in your hold, e.g. in Pender's Star, so you'll have a navpoint avoiding the asteroids. But I'm not sure if it's still there after save/load.
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Dilloh wrote:You can tractor in everything if you hack. But it won't be useful - I once tractored in an empty navpoint (without hacking btw), I sold it for 10 creds. Nothing you can do with that, except of dropping it elsewhere when it's still in your hold, e.g. in Pender's Star, so you'll have a navpoint avoiding the asteroids. But I'm not sure if it's still there after save/load.
===========================================

i really got hook again by this game!!!! with all these "modifications" available i can actually spend months doing testing and playing to have fun.

oh yeah cause i didnt know i can actually tractor in "live ship". i found this out by accident. i was fighting a group of talon. all my guns were on including the tractor beam which i didnt notice it is on. suddently i hear this tractor beam sound. when i landed on the mining station i saw there is a talon in my cargo hold and thats got me thinking can i tractor in ships?? next round i when to take on a hunting mission. so instead of killing all the ships i haul them in with my tractor beam. but i got problem with the kamesh. so i change the units.csv in gemini gold to make centurion.begin to have 100000 cargo space and save the game and load that in remake. I went to cap ship hunt again and i manage to haul in a paradigm haha. what a discovery.
Sligor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Sligor »

That's it! Taking my big vacuum cleaner Paradigm after adding a few zeros to the cargo hold and devour everything in space...bases, ships, asteroids, navpoints. Yeah, that sucks! :lol:

Privateer 3: The Harvest :wink:
feeltheat
Trader
Trader

Post by feeltheat »

Sligor wrote:That's it! Taking my big vacuum cleaner Paradigm after adding a few zeros to the cargo hold and devour everything in space...bases, ships, asteroids, navpoints. Yeah, that sucks! :lol:

Privateer 3: The Harvest :wink:

haha. i think i overdid some changes and now instead of cruising at a 7000 speed my speed was crawling slowly up to 1200 from -negative 2400.