Adding WCU to Privateer

Forum For Privateer Remake
vass1
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Adding WCU to Privateer

Post by vass1 »

I posted this earlier in the WCU thread and now think maybe it belonged here- I apologize for the spam, I normally don't roll like that.

Sorry if this is a question addressed elsewhere, but I have scoured this board, Privateer's, and the interweb superhighway generally trying to find an answer....

First things first: Thank you, thank you, thank you. And Thank you again. I LOVED this game when it came out & have been dying to play something similar forever.

Got my centurion (had an orion 10 years ago) and now I see that WCU can be added to PR, allowing for some OTHER ships.

Unfortunately, now I'm having problems.

1. Created a copy of the Privateer Remake folder, in case I screwed it up, which of course I did.

2. I downloaded the wcu-devel.0.2.3.zip as well as "First Patch" & "Second Patch". Unzipped them to my copy of Remake folder.

3. Tried to run it- It appeared to be attempting to go into windowed mode (I've been playing PR full screen) and then crashed.

4. Tried to just unzip WCU into its own folder and run it- Same problem.

So my questions are these:

Can I simply ADD WCU to the existing Remake and just have all the new stuff show up, in addition to whatever already exists in PR?

Can I continue my EXISTING save game in the combined PR/WCU game?

AM I Unzipping this stuff to the right place?

What launcher do I need to be using to get back to fullscreen mode?

I'm sorry for being so brain dead, but please, if you'd be so kind, explain the entire operation in a way similar to how you'd explain it to a very, very slow & ignorant 3 year old.

Thank you again for bringing this game back- I couldn't be more psyched.

Thanks

Vass
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hi there.
2. I downloaded the wcu-devel.0.2.3.zip as well as "First Patch" & "Second Patch". Unzipped them to my copy of Remake folder.

3. Tried to run it- It appeared to be attempting to go into windowed mode (I've been playing PR full screen) and then crashed.
If it was so easy, nobody would play PR any more. In fact, the misunderstanding is that PR will be part of WCU and not the other way around. WCU is currently beta, so you'll just have wo wait until it is finished. So long, better stick to PR.

Concerning pure WCU questions, you should look up in the WCU forum, since this is the place for PR. I haven't tried any existing WCU version yet, and that is because it already took me 10 hours to get PR with my dial-up modem...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Hey guys, I'm the WCU person... sort of :)

I'm currently in the process of cleaning up what exists WCU wise and rereleasing it using the same mechanism I use for the multiplayer alpha. If you would like to lend a hand, or just tell me what's currently not working, email spiritplumber@gmail.com

Don't expect anything out before next Monday though -- I have a GRE to take among other things.

Did youy try the multiplayer yet? :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.