Wonky save files fail cargo missions and hide ship/upgrades

Forum For Privateer Remake
TigerNightmare
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Wonky save files fail cargo missions and hide ship/upgrades

Post by TigerNightmare »

Okay, so, I landed at a Manchester mining station in my beat up Tarsus doing a cargo run for contraband. I have plenty of credits to get that Centurion I always wanted, but I had some leftover cargo and I wanted to see if I could sell it for a better price somewhere else, so, I saved my game before I bought a new ship or made any repairs so I could check out trade routes. And when I loaded the game up again, the fricken door to the ship/upgrades screen was missing! My ship is really beat up and for some reason there's always a Dralthi waiting outside to finish me off. What the hell? I need a new ship or at least fix up my Tarsus.

Also, I decided to do that mission before a bounty mission because for some reason, if I die during it, then the cargo mission disappears and I get a message saying I don't have room for the cargo. But, obviously I did, it's not like it shrank or the passengers all had babies or something.

So, what's going on here? Why is the ship door gone and why does the game tell me I failed the mission and don't have room for cargo when there's been room? Beyond frustrating.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I don't think that Manchester is supposed to have a ship place thingie there.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You don't have the space because your ship got damaged during the flight, and your foes have hit your cargo space. Calculation:
Your tarsus has 100 units space, and you loaded 90 (first class passengers?)
Now you got hit, and they damaged 25 untis of your cargo space, leaving 75.
You dock, and you launch again. The game checks the mission parameters once again. It recognizes that you lack of 15 cargo units. Mission failed. (Similar messages can be achieved by at first filling up your cargo space at the exchange, than taking cargo missions).
Take a look at the commodity exchange, you will see that your available space is something like 74.65538. This can be fixed with the basic repairs. Since you don't have access to a ship dealer, the mission will fail.

Manchester is a refinery, not a mining base. Whatever, I have observed in earlier versions of PR that the rooms may changed, especially on capships. Maybe it's a bug, but the rooms should be stable. Sometimes the save game changes your position in the system, this appears when two similar bases are there. Since only systems like New Caledonia have e.g. two refineries, this is not the case here. Maybe you landed accidentally on a drayman which was docked at Manchester, then the savegame took you to the refinery (normally into open space).

If the Dralthi is ALWAYS waiting for you, it might have been generated by a bounty mission or something like that. Cargo missions don't generate foes if they are not campaign ones. Random foes should disappear when you restart the whole game.