Radar problem.

Forum For Privateer Remake
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Radar problem.

Post by SJ »

It seems that radar doesn't find those ejected pilots and other stuff. Is this because PR 1.2 version or is this something else?
HeyYou
Trader
Trader

Post by HeyYou »

when you want to pick up that kind of stuff, use U to target it.
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

HeyYou wrote:when you want to pick up that kind of stuff, use U to target it.
Right! Now it seems to work, aparently there isn't so much stuff lying around as it used to be.
HeyYou
Trader
Trader

Post by HeyYou »

Pirates only leave the pilot, and even cargo ships dont drop that much. For the money, it is not worth my time, or a weapon slot for a tractor on my ship.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hauling cargo can be very useful when you're starting off. Buy a tractor and try to find an unguarded drayman. Damage it heavily (don't destroy it!). It will turn around and try to flee, but it's of course not fast enough. You'll notice that it will drop 3 or 4 pieces of cargo on its flight. This happens in intervals of about 20 seconds. If you're lucky, the dropped cargo is expensive, e.g. advanced fuels. By filling a tarsus' complete space, 100 units of cargo worth 500 creds makes 50000 in a run.

The drayman will drop its cargo even when you appeased it with the 3 key (makes hauling easier when you're not under attack)
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

Dilloh wrote:Hauling cargo can be very useful when you're starting off. Buy a tractor and try to find an unguarded drayman. Damage it heavily (don't destroy it!). It will turn around and try to flee, but it's of course not fast enough. You'll notice that it will drop 3 or 4 pieces of cargo on its flight. This happens in intervals of about 20 seconds. If you're lucky, the dropped cargo is expensive, e.g. advanced fuels. By filling a tarsus' complete space, 100 units of cargo worth 500 creds makes 50000 in a run.
Hauling cargo is indeed profitable, and you don't need to shoot anybody (pirates don't count), i almost regretted that i had to change from Tarsus to centurion, but storyline demands that i have fast ship or i has to shoot at those militias in Troy system.

Anyway, does anybody know where i can get cheap Advancef Fuels? I have bought that stuff from Draymans and sold it to refineries, but i think this is suposed to be other way around.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

.cvs files. part of the save files that have the .cvs has an entery that i 'think' determaned whats in you hold.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If you mean fuels costing <300creds, than the only answer is: draymans or paradigms. For some reason, their cargo holds contain some real cheap stuff. It really doesn't make sense that a merchant on its way sell his cargo off for loss.
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

Dilloh wrote:If you mean fuels costing <300creds, than the only answer is: draymans or paradigms. For some reason, their cargo holds contain some real cheap stuff. It really doesn't make sense that a merchant on its way sell his cargo off for loss.
There is reason for this and it is turnover time. If you can sell that fuel faster than you can move it elsewere, then let it go. This alows you to buy more stuff from next stop, or even beter, use that money to buy stuff from same guy who bought fuel. But unless fuel is sideproduct of something that hapens inside those big ships, then that doesn't make sense.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Well, I still wonder where the draymans buy such cheap fuel.
cracken
Trader
Trader

Post by cracken »

SJ wrote:
Dilloh wrote:If you mean fuels costing <300creds, than the only answer is: draymans or paradigms. For some reason, their cargo holds contain some real cheap stuff. It really doesn't make sense that a merchant on its way sell his cargo off for loss.
There is reason for this and it is turnover time. If you can sell that fuel faster than you can move it elsewere, then let it go. This alows you to buy more stuff from next stop, or even beter, use that money to buy stuff from same guy who bought fuel. But unless fuel is sideproduct of something that hapens inside those big ships, then that doesn't make sense.
tool