This may seem like heresy, but...

Forum For Privateer Remake
gtd_bastion
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

This may seem like heresy, but...

Post by gtd_bastion »

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a freespace mod for WC. Now, before you stone me, hear me out! If anyone is interested in it, or wants to help, just reply saying you would be interested along with any experience you have with modding. Any modelers or scripters would be generously appreciated.
I'm bulimic. I just forget to puke.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Ok Pass the stones..,

well really there foe myself because i have no clue what you said. :oops: please explain by 'freespace'? :oops: Image
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

double post.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If I'm right, "Descent Freespace" (Europe: "Conflict Freespace") is an '98 oldie with similar story events - Be (some sort of a) privateer. I never played it, though I've read good tunes about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent:_FreeSpace

I suppose anybody out here is interested in Wing Commander stuff, but you could try it at a more general VegaStrike forum.

Anyway, nobody will get stoned for asking anything :lol:
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

I've played and beaten it... it's a lot like a typical Sci-fi game. Humans fight agaist a race called the vesudens (feel free to corrent me on this it's been years since I've played freespace, oh and spellling errors too.). There's another race that comes out of nowhere (can't remember the name) and starts killing both of them, and the only way to survive (who could guess) they have to team up. Some vesudens (in particualar, a group called the Hammer of Light) hated the idea and just did their best to kill everything outside they're group... So from there on things go to hell with alliances and wars... Really fun game. I for one would welcome a Freespace mod, but why post the question here instead of the Vegastrike mods form?
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

Freespace and frespace2 are of the best space sim/shooter ever made IMHO. I still play the open source Freespace 2 wich is still being improved by its community (still I think). The capital ship - capital ship combats are simply awsome.
But freespace is closer to the original vegastrike than to the privateer mod I think.
----------------------------------
High above the clouds,alone,in a beautyfull and deadly world, I found my problems on the ground would never be important no more!!!
gtd_bastion
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by gtd_bastion »

Draken Stark wrote: Really fun game. I for one would welcome a Freespace mod, but why post the question here instead of the Vegastrike mods form?

Where is that? If you think more people would be interested, I'll go post it there. If not :oops: oh well...
I'm bulimic. I just forget to puke.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Dilloh wrote:Anyway, nobody will get stoned for asking anything :lol:
Aww, no fair!