1.3 Release + Features

Forum For Privateer Remake
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

1.3 Release + Features

Post by bjrog2 »

G'day all,
just wondering if there is an official / unofficial set release date for the 1.3 update? Even a rough guestimate would be appreciated.

If in any way i can help out with anything at all, i'd gladly oblige. The only downside to that is, i cant program to save my life... (never tried). Things like still graphics editing, laborious proof-reading or simpe text editing im sure i can manage.

P.s. Does anybody know for sure about whats going to be changed in the 1.3 Update?

And if anyone has made any more mods; new weapons, ships etc, would you please be able to point me in the right direction to getting them. I love finding a new ship for sale. Speaking of mods, is anyone else having difficulties with the Galaxy Gunship? For some reason, the 'size' of it seems physically normal, just the image of it flying in space / docked in port / on landing pad is really really small and i was wondering on how i could fix that.

One thing that i could live with in an update is a difficulty setting higher than 'impossible'. I finished the game on 'insane', and im re-doing it on 'impossible'.A new difficulty would be wikid-cool, Something like: "OMGWTF?", a real challenge :D

Cheers to all, and thankyou so much for everyone responsible for bringing to life my favourite game of all time. Brings back a lotta good childhood memories... Keep up the great work!

Deh Raptor is Deh Roxx0r :wink:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You're using the latest MOD version available since you have experience with the Galaxy GS. Keep an eye on the Parallel Universe thread for newer ones.

If you want to contribute to PR or WCU, try to contact one of the developers. Spiritplumber is quite active in the PR forum. Still I think that the "easier jobs" like paintings are done. From what I know, there is no release date for 1.3.

You might also be able to contribute to a MOD - ask z30 if he needs any special skill. There are some discussions about adding non-WC-ships to the game. This would be where anybody comes in.

The hottest thing in my opinion (after multiplayer, but this is not MOD content) will be enhancing the storyline. Since we now have a lot of ships in PR, there will be a request for new adventures and missions. You can contribute with ideas or files. Currently, there are talks about a plot concerning kilrathi defectors. A kilrathi base / ship crew (e.g. in the bar) might be good, as well as adequate backgrounds.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

You can test the mods. that's what is ussualy do. But the last mod was downloaded just before our computer died.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

The hottest thing in my opinion (after multiplayer, but this is not MOD content) will be enhancing the storyline. Since we now have a lot of ships in PR, there will be a request for new adventures and missions. You can contribute with ideas or files. Currently, there are talks about a plot concerning kilrathi defectors. A kilrathi base / ship crew (e.g. in the bar) might be good, as well as adequate backgrounds.
z30 and i have been talking (quite a while ago now) about a civil war going on. the GNN Today thread is centered around that. if it is done the way we think it should be done then certin upgrades and ships will be blocked

Team Fortress 2
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bjrog2 »

Hmm, i like the idea of a Kilrathi plot to follow. The idea of a Kilrathi defect intrigues me. I found somewhere:

"ex-lord Ralgha nar Hhallas, the Kilrathi captain who defected his ship to the Terran Confederation in order to deliver an offer of allegiance from the rebel Kilrathi colony of Ghorah Khar."

Perhaps some alterior motive here with this 'Ralgha nar Hhallas' could provide some decent fuel for the fire a of a new plot. I'd be happy to put pen-to-paper and come up with ideas.

If you want to get a better inside into the lives of the Kilrathis, i recommend you check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilrathi

Not a bad read. :o

Anyone else have any suggestions for anything they'd like to see in 1.3?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

This is a very good idea. There're just a few problem: We're talking about Hobbes.
- He defected in 2667. Privateer plays in 2669.
- Hobbes commanded a cruiser, but we want to implement a Fralthi type carrier (I think we still can talk about that for the sake of the timeline).
- I couldn't locate Ghorah Khar on the Universe map by now, but I suppose it is too far away from Gemini (should also be no problem, since the defecting commander surely has to run for his life)

Still, the link you gave us tells us about several rebelling colonies, so there's no need to meet hobbes - the cat might be any other commander. If you want to create a plot, feel free to do it, but there's no guarantee that it will be realized. I think it would be better if we would start of with the artwork and the modding knowledge we need.
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

There is no release date for 1.3.
There is no feature list for 1.3.
There is no development for 1.3 since 1.2 was released.

I am not sure if somebody wants to pickup the project if Mami has abandoned it, maybe it's just paused.
Only Mami can tell you about the Remake's future :)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Since noone of the developers talked about an 1.3 version lately, I suppose they all concentrate on WCU. Let's hope they'll fully implement PR 1.2...
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Hey... just fyi...
It's really mean to post a thread with a genaric name such as this >.< I got really worked up that 1.3 got released >.< Now I'm a little bummed but still worked up about 1.3's future release. ; ; It hurts to be reminded that it's going to be a long while still before it's out. Anyhow... Keep up the good work guys. You have some nice touches on quality here! Really great for a guy like me to get nostalgia from something that looks so great (look at the 360 release of Doom and tell me it looks as good, lol). Don't give up guys it's really great to have this kind of project out here.

P.S. I'd be willing to pay to have a game like this once it hits near completion... how about a place to donate? If you already have one where is it?
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
bjrog2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bjrog2 »

Hey, sorry about the generic name. I didnt think that people would get all excited about it... I didnt know what else to call it, and i guess i picked a title that was self-explanitory about the contents.

I'd gladly donate to keep the PR project open as well. Maybe contact z30 about donations? He seems to know a fair bot about whats going on (from reading his threads).

If you want the latest updates for 1.2, i can either upload them from my machine, or track their location down in the forums for you. A few extra ships and weapons go a long way in improving gameplay. (This is my alltime-fav. game, i could never get tired of it!) Try cranking the difficulty level up a notch, im playing on 'impossible' and its fair fun, learning new evasive tactics and piloting strategies. (Try taking out 3 dralthi in a tarsus on 'impossible', thats a fun challenge :D )

Just for interests sake, whats the difference between the WCU project, and the PR project? I have to admit, ive never played a 'Wing Commander' game, only ever the Privateer games...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Wing Commander Universe will (hopefully) melt as many WC content as possible - meaning variety of ships, universe to explore (Gemini is less than 10% of what will be explorable), bases, races, even characters?

This will make PR look like a demo version of WCU - and I really hope WCU will turn out to be like what.

To get a taste of it, try http://www.wcnews.com/maps to see the whole WC map melting all games.

I don't mind the title of the subject - since it is not too active, nobody should be pointed to the wrong direction. Additionally, it's not sticky.

I've located Ghorah Khar in the Isaac Quadrant. It's not likely that a ship from there would reach Gemini since it would have to fly an enormous evasion deep through the heart of kilrathi space or it would fly straightly through confed space and even pass near earth. So why shouldn't it stop at the confed HQ and surrender there?
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I've located Ghorah Khar in the Isaac Quadrant. It's not likely that a ship from there would reach Gemini since it would have to fly an enormous evasion deep through the heart of kilrathi space or it would fly straightly through confed space and even pass near earth. So why shouldn't it stop at the confed HQ and surrender there?
they could be afraid of the confeds answer. at the hq there would be many more ships then at perry.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Nevertheless, they'd pass earth. A lone cat carrier approaching earth would be destroyed. Signaling defection wouldn't be helpful since the confeds would surely assume that it's a trap. We will have to think of something else. Ghorah Khar's out in my opinion.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Right now we're mostly working on multiplayer....

John, for the AI -- I need to know exactly how old the GG version of the vegastrike executable is. I got something good going on the multiplayer beta re enemy flight envelope and want to see if it's GG compatible.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

SO that's where everybody is.

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

SO that's where everybody is.

Team Fortress 2
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Awesome! Where can I read about what your doing with multiplayer?
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

http://www.spiritplumber.tzo.com/cgi-bin/

is a good adress. From what I understand, there are some real betas running at the moment, so there should be the possibility to play test multiplayer games.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Hi there... yep. Right now we have WC1 and some WC2 ships available there.

It would be nice to decide on multiplayer times... I eventually plan to have a "coop" system and a "deathmatch" system.

If you want features -- say!
My Moral Code:
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I would suggest you open a new sticky thread to announce the multiplayer times and ask for volunteers.

Do you plan, no matter if it is for PR or WCU, multiplayer which spans the whole map? I mean that there is no restriction to dm/coop systems?
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Assault/defense would be cool, one team defends a cargo ship, the other tries to destroy it.

Perhaps a capture the flag kind of game as well?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

A parcours with obstacles to avoid or to destroy, some sort of race could be fun. I'm thinking of a sort of an Operation Inner Space race, The X-Wing training parcours or Hi-Octane stylish courses.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:A parcours with obstacles to avoid or to destroy, some sort of race could be fun. I'm thinking of a sort of an Operation Inner Space race, The X-Wing training parcours or Hi-Octane stylish courses.
In Draymen. i have done palen 1 in a drayman. just go suck everybody in your path up.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Yeah, but draymans can't suck up draymans. So there should be draymans as "obstacles".
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Thanks for the suggestions... Right now the main priority is to get turrets to work properly, so we can have capships.
My Moral Code: