Couple of suggestions for 1.3

Forum For Privateer Remake
Kenemtef
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Couple of suggestions for 1.3

Post by Kenemtef »

Hi. First of all, I must say you have done a great work in this remake and thank you for it.

After that, I want to make a couple suggestions for 1.3, and as I can't find an official suggestions theory, I'll post them here.

First one is about the cargo missions. Could you make it so the guilds, the computer and the fixers told which base of the system you have to deliver the cargo to? As of now, they only tell you which system you have to travel to. Not that it matters, since the mission isn't aborted when you land in another base, but I'd like to know when I'm accepting missions to different bases.

Second one is about the "cargo scanning" done by militia. You know, when you encounter a militia ship and it's pilot asks you to "maintain speed and course for contraband search". Well, as of now, I encounter them in one nav point, they ask me to submit to the scan, and the scan is completed way after, sometimes even after I have docked and taken off a base, or even after I have jumped to another system. Shouldn't the scan be almost instantaneous?

Sorry about the writing, english isn't my first language.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Couple of suggestions for 1.3

Post by Solon Halwinder »

Kenemtef wrote:First one is about the cargo missions. Could you make it so the guilds, the computer and the fixers told which base of the system you have to deliver the cargo to? As of now, they only tell you which system you have to travel to. Not that it matters, since the mission isn't aborted when you land in another base, but I'd like to know when I'm accepting missions to different bases.
I don't think this is possible because I'm pretty sure that mission destinations aren't chosen until you actually get to the system. I remember one time I did two missions to Perry in a DraymanCVL (using the Parallel Universe mod); the first time, both sets of cargo needed to go to Annapolis. The second, they both needed to go to "DraymanCVL in the Privateer flightgroup (yourself.)"
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Kenemtef
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Kenemtef »

Didn't know about it, thanks for the info.
HeyYou
Trader
Trader

Post by HeyYou »

Yeah, contaband scans seem a little off. Not always completed before I either dock, or jump. Not sure what that is about. However, if I AM carrying contraband, the seem to know it as soon as I jump in-system..... What? Can they smell it across the void of space? Do I have a big sign that says "I am doing something illegal, please shoot at me."? There must be an informant at the pirate bases, the whisper in the various authorities ears when you leave.....

Great game. I was just stunned when I found it. Very stable, no crashes at all. Some of the utilities out there are not real intuitive though. The PR_Ship editor does not wanna work at all. I managed to edit my centurion some, by using the Xcell spreadsheet, changes took effect after I visited a ship dealer, and did some repairs.(boosted cruise speed, and afterburner speed, even my own car is not stock....) I also tried a mission editor, to complete the Masterson C mission.... That is a bitch. Unfortunately, it does not tell me how to SAVE a "fixed" mission, is looking for .sav files, and corrupts the saves for Privateer 1.2. Glad I had a backup....... Anyone know if any updates are in the works? The original author, Tina E. Verras, seems to have fallen off the face of the planet, although, a bank in New York has unclaimed funds for her....... (just amazing what you can find on the internet...... Al Gore should be very Proud....)

If someone could point me at a ship editor, or a good tutorial, that actually applies to this game... that would be greatly appreciated.

Excellent work so far. I really dont care about multi-player, but look forward to the next update. Even though I can't really think of anything that is broke.... (although, my rear-facing turret on my centurion was able to fire forward for a while, not sure what that was about...)