Suggestion for 1.3: buy bonus ships in dialoges

Forum For Privateer Remake
masteroforion
Merchant
Merchant

Suggestion for 1.3: buy bonus ships in dialoges

Post by masteroforion »

I like the idea to be able to get more than the 3 original ships, but to buy them from the VS inherited ship purchase screen is annoying (especially if you have to check all the time if the ship you want is there). Why not make them available by talking to certain people after the conditions to get the sip are fulfilled? Those people could be:

Demon: Mercenary Guild Receptionist at desk after reaching a certain campaign score and joining th guild
Stiletto: Goodin in front of terell's office after main mission set
Talon: Pirate shipdealer (posted a graphic some time ago) after Tayla missions (or joining this Pirate Guild of which i read somewhere here)

The Broadsword, Paradigm and Drayman could be sold by Terell / the merchant guid guy, though they are much more just an easter egg than the 3 above.

I don't know how difficut it would be to program the dialoges but I started
by adding an add table with a sign indicating a demon is offered at the mercenary's guild::
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Suggestion for 1.3: buy bonus ships in dialoges

Post by z30 »

masteroforion wrote:I like the idea to be able to get more than the 3 original ships, but to buy them from the VS inherited ship purchase screen is annoying (especially if you have to check all the time if the ship you want is there). Why not make them available by talking to certain people after the conditions to get the sip are fulfilled? Those people could be:

Demon: Mercenary Guild Receptionist at desk after reaching a certain campaign score and joining th guild
Stiletto: Goodin in front of terell's office after main mission set
Talon: Pirate shipdealer (posted a graphic some time ago) after Tayla missions (or joining this Pirate Guild of which i read somewhere here)

The Broadsword, Paradigm and Drayman could be sold by Terell / the merchant guid guy, though they are much more just an easter egg than the 3 above.

I don't know how difficut it would be to program the dialoges but I started
by adding an add table with a sign indicating a demon is offered at the mercenary's guild::
The dialogues would be simple compared to the setup of the missions you'd have to perform to get that special ship.

This is just a guess but the easiest way to do this is to have a specific place that sells that ship, and the only way to enter or dock into that place is to finish a special set of missions given by the guild.

Imho, the Talon isn't much a of prize though the Demon & Stilleto would probably be worth it.

That pic is a really neat way of starting the set missions, click on it and the receptionist starts talking to you about them. Gives me ideas for the mod we're doing hmmm...
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

You konw how Gemini is on the verge of civil war??? Welll you could use it to trigger a part where based on which guilds or people you talked to would land you on there side in the civil war.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:You konw how Gemini is on the verge of civil war??? Welll you could use it to trigger a part where based on which guilds or people you talked to would land you on there side in the civil war.
(Nods) and all hell breaks loose :)

I like the idea, you'd have to choose a side and no matter which side you choose there are consequences.

Do you know that there's even fan fiction where New Constantinople is destroyed by Kilrathis ?

A civil war sounds kinda neat - let's discuss it in the mod thread so regular PR players won't get confused.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I like the idea that certain ships are only buyable if you have done something special like joining a guild or completing a mission. The idea with the ad table is great!