I'm SICK OF THIS!

Forum For Privateer Remake
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

I'm SICK OF THIS!

Post by spiritplumber »

I don't want to knock other people's work, but:

Is this-or-that mod releasing a demo video, or another review of a repackaging, THAT much more important than what we're doing (WC1 multiplayer for chrissakes!!!!) to supplant it on the news page of wcnews? I'm seriously getting demoralized here.

Why hasn't wcnews reported the latest in multiplayer work? Maybe they haven't been told enough yet. Click here to do something about it.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: I'm SICK OF THIS!

Post by z30 »

spiritplumber wrote:I don't want to knock other people's work, but:

Is this-or-that mod releasing a demo video, or another review of a repackaging, THAT much more important than what we're doing (WC1 multiplayer for chrissakes!!!!) to supplant it on the news page of wcnews? I'm seriously getting demoralized here.

Why hasn't wcnews reported the latest in multiplayer work? Maybe they haven't been told enough yet. Click here to do something about it.
Short answer is no, it's not - WC1 multiplayer is a lot more important.

But I've long realized what the real deal was when I noticed that a lot of sites associated with WCNews didn't even mention PR or even link to it.

Between buying into other people's power games and creating a mod that addresses issues Privateer fans have been mentnioning - I'd rather spend all my efforts in creating that mod.

The people who's opinions I value are all here in the VS forums, and that's good enough for me :)
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Agreed, but right now I'm at the stage where I need a lot of people to start playing -- this way we can correct all the small things that only get noticed through playtesting.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

spiritplumber wrote:Agreed, but right now I'm at the stage where I need a lot of people to start playing -- this way we can correct all the small things that only get noticed through playtesting.
You can schedule a 2 hour session this weekend and announce it. I think what a lot of people don't realize is that this VS multiplayer adaptation may eventually work for their mods as well.

Include a capship or two , if possible, this would appeal to even the Star Trek fans specially if we can set up an attack run on a computer or player driven Paradigm.