Ruined savegame :(

Forum For Privateer Remake
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Ruined savegame :(

Post by Sm0k3y »

Hi, I accidentally saved after failing the mission where you board the derelic and retrieve the steltek gun, now when I re-attempt the mission the derelict is missing.

Which line can I edit/delete to make the derelic re-appear?
I would hate to have to start from the beginning.

Ive tried going back in the campain by changing the privateer_campaign
variable with no success

Anyone know?

Thanks
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Yikes, no previous save game I assume?

Well adjusting the save game is very tricky, so the first thing you should do is save a copy of your save game file before trying to edit it.

Now fortunately the Derelict Steltek was the final mission for the exploration part of the campaign. So all you really need to continue is to have the Drone after you and the Steltek gun equipped on your ship.

Not sure this will work but you can try adding . . .

"have_the_gun 1 1.000000"

"privateer_drone_active 1 1.000000 "

"quest_drone 1 0.000000"

To your save file, each entry on its own line, and edit your other companion file for your ship in the serialized_xml folder (subfolder same name as save game file), under mount, and just change one of your guns to "Steltek"(BoostedSteltek is the upgraded version for later)

If the drone is after you then it worked and you just have to fly around until you are contacted on one of the refinery bases bar's by confed to meet with the General at Perry Base.

If there's no drone then it didn't work.

Alternative solution then is to see if anyone can send you a copy of a save game that hasn't started the Derelict mission yet. Just copy and past over everything but the top line, so you preserve your ship and funding. or just use their file as is.
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Sm0k3y »

the lines
"privateer_drone_active 1 1.000000 "

"quest_drone 1 0.000000"

are in my savegame file, yet delta prime is still empty
after scouring the forum ive found many people have the same problem

looks like my only solution is to restart :(

This time im going to save two files at every save
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Or at least one for every branch in the campaign.

If you want PM me your save game file and I'll tinker with it to see if I can get it to work. Since it appears to be a fairly common problem.