Bug when buying upgrading armor and hull

Forum For Privateer Remake
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Bug when buying upgrading armor and hull

Post by Garashta »

You can have BOTH plastell and tungsten, if you buy a tungsten already having a plastell equiped. And it seems it helps in a fight (altough I´m not sure of this), even if your shpe specefications only show the points that it would have showed if you had only the better armor/hull.
It´s obvious a bug, because:
1) It´s not possible to have both equiped: a bug, and period.
2) It´s possible to have the two of them: So if that´s the case, why can´t you have both if you want to buy the worst one when already having the best one? You can only have both if you own the worst, and then buy the better.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

I'm pretty sure it's just a bug, although I know the Orion can do it on purpose in the Parallel Universe mod.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Yes this was covered in one of the earlier topics.

Basically when upgrading the old equipment may not be auto-sold, but your specs are always that of the superior newer equipment. Just sell the old equipment to avoid confusion.

Most encounter this problem with armor, hull, power generator, and shield generator upgrades but it doesn't always happen.

The Parallel Universe Mod does expand the upgrade options of many ships as well as providing many more ships for purchase. Though most is presently only available in the 1.1 Beta, the 1.0 release does give you more options and a few extra ship types than the present 1.2 PR release.

Instruction for installation of the Mods are provided in the relevant Topics.
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Garashta »

I´ve searched and didn´t saw a topic about this issue, probably it was mentioned on a topic with another subject.
but returnig to the issue, maybe this bug helps you in a dogfight, many times I had one or both of my hulls/armors damaged, wich might mean that even if it may seem like only the better armor/hull counts, actually they stack, or help in some other chaotic way.
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Well the armor and hull have always been a little problematic in the VG engine. Unlike the original Privateer armor thickness doesn't seem to change between ship types. The game engine seems to treat all ships adding a armor type the same way.

But if you want to make sure stacking armor is actually helping then you should try the parallel universe mod since armor stacking was intentionally implemented. Besides it has a whole lot more ships you can fly, including the WC Ferret.

Just wait till z30 releases the next patch since the original 1.1 Beta release had some bugs that had to be dealt with.
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Garashta »

well, a little off-topic, but now that you mentioned it, what exact this parallel universe is? a mod that changes all the game, or only add-ons, like more ships, more weapons, more missions, more anythings? And upon installation it would change completely my privateer folder, or I would be able to chosse between wich one to play (anytime) in an easy way (like in civilization3 and other games)?
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

It's a mod of the Privateer Remake so you replace the altered files with the modified ones.

What it does is
z30 wrote:It's sort of the alternate historical background for the usermod. Among other stuff :

* increasing chaos in the Gemini sector

* Merchant guild is arming because of inadequate protection from Confed forces. Merchant gunships make their appearance.

* increased tensions between the Merchant & Hunter guild because some Hunters are actually double agents for pirate forces. Increasing number of merchant convoys ambushed and/or routes betrayed to renegades

* Kilrathi arming both retros & pirates to cause more instability in the sector

* Merchant guild strengthening Militia forces who are poorly funded, have inadequate manpower and poor equipment. The Kukhri & Drayman CVL are some byproducts of this effort

* New Con, New Detroit & Perry becoming strongholds and rival centers of power
Otherwise it is the same game, it just makes things more interesting and fun.