Bug when trading your ship

Forum For Privateer Remake
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Bug when trading your ship

Post by Garashta »

I recnetly bought a new ship (a galaxy) with the ships merchant (not in the upgrade section), but in doing soo I lost ALL my original cargo (including the alien artifact from the alya/sandoval missions!!), and this original cargo was replaced by a cargo that I didn´t had (some plastics, robot servants, weaponry, etc). Luckyli, I had a recent save point.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

I believe that the artifact is purely cosmetic and not having it won't affect things as long as the missions are going and you don't save after failing one.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Garashta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Garashta »

well, even so the artifact wouldn´t be purely cosmetical, because having it takes away 1 ton of space that could be used to trade.
But about the bug of your previous cargo dissapearing and unexplicable cargo appearing?
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

When you purchase some ships it sometimes has cargo in its hold as a bonus. But if bought through the ship menu then your old ship is still part of your "My Fleet" and you'll have to switch back to it to access your cargo on that ship, unless you sell the cargo on that ship first in which case you can then buy it back and store it in another ship cargo hold through the commodity exchange menu.

As for the Artifact, it's only used in the main PR story arc (though I'm not sure actually possessing it is needed), by the time you start RF you can pretty much dump it since you can't really sell it and is no longer part of the story at that point.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I got rid of my stel tek thingy long ago. as soon as i got it. some thing should be made that you fail the mission when you get rid of it.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2