Owning more than 1 ship from the beginning?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Owning more than 1 ship from the beginning?

Post by Sm0k3y »

is this possible?
if so. what happens/where do i find my current ship after purchasing a new one?

thanks in adv.
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

If you can afford another ship, you'll need to edit your save file for the cash if you really want it right at the beginning, just go to the ship section in the ship dealer upgrade panel.

After purchasing a ship from that panel your old ship will appear under "My Fleet"

It will remain at that base until you switch back to it by hitting buy with the ship selected but if you are at a different base then you will be charged transportation costs to transfer the ship to the other base.

Hitting Sell will perminently remove the ship from your fleet.

Later, if you want , you can tractor smaller ships if you are flying a larger ship, you'll need at least a Draymon for most ships though you might handle a talon with one of the default ships, and when you sell them at the commodities exchange they will then appear for purchase in the ship panel and you can add them to your fleet.

Though I hear flying a enemy ship can get you shot at depending on which sector you are in but my personal experience is that only happened when I tried piloting a pirate ship.

There are other topics on this board already explaining how to acquire certain ships and whether you need a mod in order to get them.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

zeo1234 wrote:
Hitting Sell will perminently remove the ship from your fleet.

Later, if you want , you can tractor smaller ships if you are flying a larger ship, you'll need at least a Draymon for most ships though you might handle a talon with one of the default ships, and when you sell them at the commodities exchange they will then appear for purchase in the ship panel and you can add them to your fleet.

Though I hear flying a enemy ship can get you shot at depending on which sector you are in but my personal experience is that only happened when I tried piloting a pirate ship.

There are other topics on this board already explaining how to acquire certain ships and whether you need a mod in order to get them.
What he said :)

Fyi, before selling your old ship be sure to sell the equipment beforehand - you get more money that way.

Flying a Kilrathi ship will get you shot up initially, killing a few retro ships will fix that.

You're all very welcome to join us in testing the usermod beta patch in the Parallel Universe MOD thread.
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

cheers

Post by Sm0k3y »

I dont cheat so ive saved enough money for a new ship
and i pretty much solved my own question 2mins after posting it...

one thing I wanna know is, is there any reason to capture pilots? can u make them fly other ships in ur fleet as wingmen ?

thanx
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Not yet. Right now you can either sell them as slaves or release them as hitchhikers.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

Also if you don't sell them after landing then they get marked as contraband by the time you go to another base. Though they probably won't trigger contraband searches, which seem to be centered on brilliance and catnip. No guaruntee though.

I'm not sure how to make them slaves, since the button combination from the manual doesn't seem to work, but selling them as pilots gives you the same creds and seems to amount to the same thing.

To turn them into hitchhikers just hit "m" while in flight to access your manifest and then press "alt+f". They'll still be cargo, unless you eject them (page up and down keys to select them and then hit "ctrl+x"), so you can still sell them at a base but for much fewer creds.

Though either way you won't make much creds it is still good practice tractoring in the pilots since some of the missions you can take in the game include rescuing pilots, which you will have to do before they get killed.

Besides it'll cover your docking fees :wink: