RF Mission Help

Forum For Privateer Remake
Josh_barber
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

RF Mission Help

Post by Josh_barber »

I am stuck on the RF campaigns and am desperate for help ...
I have done the first mission from Admiral on Perry to clear out the Talons and Salthi from the Paradigm and then get told by a Talon pilot to visit the guy in Capella . The guy in capella doe not give me a mission and the admiral does not speak to me , save me please :lol:
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you see people at the bar, but can't click on them, it may be a bug. (Also, make sure they are part of the campaign, and not freelance bounty hunters etc.)

If that is the case, someone can look at your savegame if you attach it.

You can find your savegame file in Windows by looking in the Vegastrike Program Files directory. Inside there is a folder with ".vegastrike" (with a dot before it)

In Linux and Mac , the .vegastrike will be in your home directory.

Then, in the .vegastrike you will see a "save" folder.
Inside the "save" folder, look for your latest saved game, zip it and attach it here or email it
Josh_barber
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Josh_barber »

I can click on the guy in the Capella mining station but he does not give me a mission to do (no accept reject ) but he does reel off a long speech , if you still want the saved game zipped please tell me were to ail it please
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

It sounds like maybe you already accepted the mission. If you accept, then save, the buy won't ask you any more, and when you talk to him, he will remind you of the mission so you can restart it again. That sounds like what's happening to you.

If you can copy down some of what he is saying, I might be able to see what he is talking about or why you aren't seeing accept buttons. (I don't know which long speech you mean, so try to write down the general idea of what he is saying)

AFAIK, the campaign system is pretty well tested, but it's always possible for bugs to exist in some uncommon branches.

Anyway, if you click on the guy, and then launch, you may see a mission on your missions pane.
However you may not see a mission if it's a simple cargo run, or you are just going from one place to another.

Anyway, if you can't figure out what the guy is talking about, or you don't think there's a mission, attach your saved game or paste down what he is saying at the time.
Josh_barber
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Josh_barber »

Ok Ace123 I have pm'd you my save game , should be fairly straight forward were to go , just try to talk to the guy on the Mining Base in Capella and hopefully you will see the problem
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

Josh_barber wrote:Ok Ace123 I have pm'd you my save game , should be fairly straight forward were to go , just try to talk to the guy on the Mining Base in Capella and hopefully you will see the problem
I have that same problem. He just talks untill screen is full and thats it. There is no soud or volume is once again too quiet to hear.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Please post your save game so all users have access to it.

I remember that the Informant only gives you a hint where to find the target. After you launched, hit "o" to view if you got objectives. Remember that PageUp/PageDown keys could have hidden the objectives if you hit them in advance.
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

Dilloh wrote:Please post your save game so all users have access to it.

I remember that the Informant only gives you a hint where to find the target. After you launched, hit "o" to view if you got objectives. Remember that PageUp/PageDown keys could have hidden the objectives if you hit them in advance.
I did launch and i didn't have objectives, and i haven't been in that area recently (Telar, Valhalla area right?)

you want me to PM that file or how do you want it?
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

OK, i just went to Valhalla system and found that jump point to Eden, since there was no mention of it in space map, so it wasn't too difficult to quess where to go...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

That should have been everything. I didn't want to tell you too much in advance :wink: ...spoiler...
SJ
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SJ »

Dilloh wrote:That should have been everything. I didn't want to tell you too much in advance :wink: ...spoiler...
Actualy i did play this game befoore remaking, but i got stuck to this particular mission that time and i couldn't remember how i got to this mission.