Drayman CVL ready for Alpha tests.

Forum For Privateer Remake
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Drayman CVL ready for Alpha tests.

Post by Gosshawk »

Here you go z30. Readme included. as aways, input greatly appreciated.

Put the cockpit2 files into the Pardigm cokpit file and put that file into your cockpits file. I had to split it as is was to large to upload.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

This is exciting as hell, I'll put it together later and try it out. Once we're both satisfied with its performance we can package the whole thing as a patch.

Drayman & variants
Improved ship faction ratio control & generation
reduced wingmen fees

The modified PR universe is shaping up, there is really a feel now of conflicting factions. Pirates & Dralthi's used to dominate the centers of Confed space and that was just plain wrong.

The transition from Tarsus->TarsusMk2->OrionMk2 is ok and the ships seem balanced with each other. I need to bump the Orion variant's hold space to 100 tons. Galaxy and Drayman should complete the trade ship line quite nicely.

The fighter branch Tarsus->TMk2/Sparrowhawk->Kukhri/Demon->Centurion feels unbalanced. Sparrowhawk is more of an AI ship, you really need to know what you're doing to get by with its light loadout.

Kukhri handles just fine but its going to be a shock to shift to the lumbering Centurion.

Demons this early makes the early & middle campaign too easy, it's better available after the Palan missions where it originally was.

I think the Centurion's handling needs to be changed, it's clumsiness as a fighter really sticks out when AI handles it and that's a bad sign.
ellmo
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by ellmo »

Hey, could you please post some more precise readme on how which entries exactly need to be replaced in original units.csv file?
Or could you even please post the modified (and working) csv files (both units.csv and master_part_list.csv)?
Cuz I tried to get it working and damaged my PR pretty badly.

Kudos for the mods either way!
Long live Privateer!
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

ellmo wrote:Hey, could you please post some more precise readme on how which entries exactly need to be replaced in original units.csv file?
Or could you even please post the modified (and working) csv files (both units.csv and master_part_list.csv)?
Cuz I tried to get it working and damaged my PR pretty badly.

Kudos for the mods either way!
Long live Privateer!
Hi ellmo, you can get the usermod patch at this thread (actually just a few threads away)

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7213

The PR Parallel Universe 1.1b patch includes the Drayman CVL, the link to the file should be in the last page of that discussion.

Glad to have another Privateer fanatic onboard :)
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

z30 wrote:Glad to have another Privateer fanatic onboard :)
Ah yes, beautiful times of my childhood... I remember playing Priv and Strike (another incredible game from Origin) back in 1994, when it was still fresh. My, my brother, my uncle and my friend ( and his father) exchanged the best trading routes and lots of space stories; we flew hundreds of hours each to determine which ship is best for what, which guns you should use, and that the shiled generator should always have been a level lower than the engine upgrade... as there was no internet in Poland back there, players experimented a lot more than nowadays.

I was paying attention to PRemake for some time now, but I didn't want to play it, until it's very stable and very privateerish. It still has a few flaws compared to original (flight model, space bases and planets interirors), and a few very useful improvements that surpass the Origin's Privateer (automatic turrets, more ships to fly, beautiful models and even more beautiful background graphics in many space systems).

It already is a fine piece of space simulator, but I hope youre planning on improving the game nevertheless. I really can't wait to see hi-resolution base interiors, and all hi-resolution cockpits...

Four thumbs up. Keep the great work guys!