Need help with ES mission in Gamma

Forum For Privateer Remake
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Need help with ES mission in Gamma

Post by Stomp357 »

I finally made it past the Pallan missions, and got a Demon. Now I'm at the ES mission where I must explore Gamma, but as soon as I jump in, there are 6 to 10 Kilrathi jumping me in an astroid field. If I use afterburn, I get damaged from astroids, and die. If I fly at cruise speed, the Kilrathi kill me fast. Their shields seem boosted. I played the original game back in 95', and don't remember it being this hard. I just want to play the game the way it was without the increased AI. How do you set it to default?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm sorry, but AFAIK, there is no way to do this right now. Also there is nor increased AI, the AI is just still under development. See this thread.

EDIT: Try it this way, worked fine for me... ;)
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Best thing to do is a hit and run strategy, like a hawk does. As long as you are far enough away (meaning out of weapon range) you select one target. Then you hunt towards the swarm, giving sustained fire. When you reach the swarm hunt towards your selected target. As soon as it starts to do a sheldon slide, let the afterburner go and you'll slow down. The enemy vessel will turn in front of you and you got it's rear. Finish it with two or three well aimed full bursts and then you run away until you are out of weapons range and your shield a regenerated. Do this for every single ship! It'll take time, but's the best strategy to do this without some silly "land-repair-start-again-or-hack-torpedos" cheat.
There are also some other tricks in the Library (see my signature) under: "Undoable Missions"
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stomp357 »

Well. I tried your sugestion, but it doesn't work cause the Kilrathi fighters can outrun my ship like I'm standing still, and since I'm in an asteroid field, I take severe damage trying afterburn.
This mission is impossible to pass as the game throws 10 kilrathi fighters at me, and more seem to show up on top of that. I'd have to have hacked shields. The Drayman is nowhere in game, so I can't use it to capture a Kilrathi ship to use myself. Is there a guide to hack the ship file, or whatever to get something better? It's not like this is a multiplayer game where I could use the info. to cheat others.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

what type of vessel do you use?
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stomp357 »

I'm in a demon, and have a centurion in my fleet. However, I tried a few more times, and finally it jumped me in outside the asteroid field, and I was able to do the hit & run tactic. I finished that mission, and started the last ES mission.
Now, I'm not sure if the game has bugged up, or not, as I can't remember how the original game progressed from this point. I jumped into the system with the Derlict ship. I disposed of the enmeys at the jump point, and autopiloted to the Derelict. Once there, the Drone showed up, so I boarded the Derelict, where I found, and mounted the Steltek gun. Now the drone follows me, but the Steltek gun has no effect on it. I ran back to Ryganon, and collected my pay for the last mission. Now I have no idea what to do. The drone is at every jumpoint I hit. I thought there was some missions I had to do for Perry Naval Base to finish the game, but I'm still not able to enter the Admirals office. Was I supposed to get the Steltek gun yet?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just visit a mining base other than Rygannon...

z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Just visit a mining base other than Rygannon...
..and head for the nearest bar.

The standard Steltek gun won't be able to destroy the drone. The next series of missions will make you better prepared to take it on.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

What was i going to write? i started reading "Tarsus Mk2" page and forgot.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2