Tarsus Mk2

Forum For Privateer Remake
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:is it just the cost of one or all 100?
One missile turret will cost 10k, the cost of buying 100 FF missiles. They're not as effective as laser turrets (17k) though the extra missiles do help in softening up the enemy ships - the price seems reasonable in that context.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

z30, What do you think of changing the shield to a high recharge, low capasity? Meaning shields will recharge very fast, but can be over loaded buy heavy firpower consentrations, wich will drop the shields enough to be able to damage the hull. And the genereators themselves.

Say shield puts out 10 protection and recharges 5/second. Hit with weapon a doing 4 damage/second, shield cant be pierced. Hit with weapon b doing 6/sec, shield blocks 1 or so out of every 2 or so shots. Say 2 out of 3 roughly 10-6+5=9-6+5=8 ect. Not much for this game specificly, but has aplication for when your shields go down, like when you cloak. Maybe put this type of shield on a prototype cloaking ship. Maybe capships as well. Isnt this how phase shields kinda work. Or something like that. Just an idea.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:z30, What do you think of changing the shield to a high recharge, low capasity? Meaning shields will recharge very fast, but can be over loaded buy heavy firpower consentrations, wich will drop the shields enough to be able to damage the hull. And the genereators themselves.

Say shield puts out 10 protection and recharges 5/second. Hit with weapon a doing 4 damage/second, shield cant be pierced. Hit with weapon b doing 6/sec, shield blocks 1 or so out of every 2 or so shots. Say 2 out of 3 roughly 10-6+5=9-6+5=8 ect. Not much for this game specificly, but has aplication for when your shields go down, like when you cloak. Maybe put this type of shield on a prototype cloaking ship. Maybe capships as well. Isnt this how phase shields kinda work. Or something like that. Just an idea.
Maybe this should be classified as a new kind of shield. I think it should be available for heavy to capships (including Drayman) , require more energy to maintain and occupy more upgrade spaces than normal.

Interesting concept - let's put it in the testing list for release in 1.2 :)
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

Agreed
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Huh! i knew that answer!
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I'm confused

Post by Dilloh »

Hello, I've got a question.

I'm new to this topic. I've read about this mod in the forum and I want to download it, but my knowledge about changing cvs files is low. Is there a complete rar with all csv files and any other files needed with a GOOD explanation how to install it? I've read about one at filefront but I've also read it's a bit buggy. Maybe if someone of the experienced modders could take care of this, z30 could concetrate on his work. Who knows, maybe there's an experienced VBA progger out there who would take care of a win32-installer file for this project?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: I'm confused

Post by z30 »

Dilloh wrote:Hello, I've got a question.

I'm new to this topic. I've read about this mod in the forum and I want to download it, but my knowledge about changing cvs files is low. Is there a complete rar with all csv files and any other files needed with a GOOD explanation how to install it? I've read about one at filefront but I've also read it's a bit buggy. Maybe if someone of the experienced modders could take care of this, z30 could concetrate on his work. Who knows, maybe there's an experienced VBA progger out there who would take care of a win32-installer file for this project?
Currently what we have is one big zip file :)

Something like the installer you mentioned would be very welcome, fyi.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: I'm confused

Post by z30 »

Dilloh wrote:Hello, I've got a question.

Currently what we have is one big zip file :)

Something like the installer you mentioned would be very welcome, fyi.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Double post :D

All i did was un zip it into the PR folder.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Alas, but where can I find this zip? Anyone able to post the link? I really didn't find it, sorry :oops:

What does the zip contain? New tarsus, orion, galaxy, centurion, drayman, gladius, missile turrent? Any completely new ships? I'm really excited...
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

The original MOD link was posted in, http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 9015#69015

But for the more up to date patches just read through the Parallel Universe Mod Topic.

Note it is still a work in progress and several bugs have still to be addressed. Such as certain ship types are generated as phantom ships that you can't see. Namely the variant ship types like Orion MK2, Galaxy GS, etc.

z30 is presently working on getting a new patch out that may or may not fix those problems while also adding more ships and additional changes to the PR universe.

But yes, you do get access to more ships, etc with the mod. Some have been ported from the WC mods while others are just new versions of existing models. Also new weapon systems and story arcs are being developed for the mod.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:Alas, but where can I find this zip? Anyone able to post the link? I really didn't find it, sorry :oops:

What does the zip contain? New tarsus, orion, galaxy, centurion, drayman, gladius, missile turrent? Any completely new ships? I'm really excited...
May be i could e-mail it.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

That would be very gentle, if it is < 5megs. You got my addy.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Now i can't find it. :cry:

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

WHOU, I'M A COFED SPECIAL OPERATIVE. I'm really exited. :)

Team Fortress 2