Tarsus Mk2

Forum For Privateer Remake
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

It's good enough. though will the ships exterer be given a face lift? So the Orion has:
Three Guns
Two weapons
Two turrets (one on roof and one under the chin of the cockpit)

Sounds cool!
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Gosshawk wrote:I've officially gone crazy. Galaxy gunship. Five turrets, Four Missile hardpionts, level 8 sheilds and reactors, Insreased speed, 20 cargo space. 500000 hunter heavy. See, CRAZY.
Sounds Cool. Sounds like a HEAVY tank. how can i get one. i am used to a demon which means that i die as soon as i launch and run into some talons. this would help

Team Fortress 2
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

z30, i've got a galaxy gunship ready to go and heavily tested. pretty much the same specs as the galaxy hk you were thinking of adding.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:z30, i've got a galaxy gunship ready to go and heavily tested. pretty much the same specs as the galaxy hk you were thinking of adding.
Would love to have a look at it, the Galaxy is a great platform for variants. In fact I'm thinking of modifying the scramble routine for NewCon so that it's comprised of Kukhris & gunship Galaxies instead of Stilletos.

No idea yet how to do it though, I can't find the scramble entries in units.csv - will probably have to dive into the code to modify it.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

Here. Quite effective yet still can get stomped if your not carfull.

The scramble commands are under mounts for NC and Perry.

Perry: {stiletto_scramble;100;100;Light Medium Heavy Special;0;0;5.1;;;0.00000e+0;0.00000e+0;1.00000;0.00000e+0;1.000000;0.00000e+0;1;1}{broadsword_scramble;100;100;Light Medium Heavy Special;0.0;-2.77;-21.92;;;0.00000e+0;-1.00000e+0;0.00000;0.00000e+0;0.000000;1.00000e+0;1;1}

NC: {stiletto_scramble;100;100;Light Medium Heavy Special Autotracking;0;-79;0;;;0.00000e+0;0.00000e+0;2.00000;0.00000e+0;1.000000;0.00000e+0;1;1}

Thats the only place I found them, so the command itself must be wired in the program. My guess would be just change the ship entries.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

Stiletto and broadsword scramble are weapons listed in weapons list.xml. In order to add different ships to scramble, they would need to be added here.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:Stiletto and broadsword scramble are weapons listed in weapons list.xml. In order to add different ships to scramble, they would need to be added here.
Thanks Gosshawk, I want each scramble to be distinctive. Galaxies & Kukhri's for NewCon, Demons & Ferrets for New Detroit and even Hornet CVL's for Helen/Achilles where the game starts.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

No problem. I'm going to add scramble commands to the DCVL at some point.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Galaxy Gunship

Post by z30 »

Goss, I tried out your Galaxy variant and the firepower from the 4 turrets was quite impressive. Took on 5 Talons & won.

Have you tried a modified version having just 3 turrets (get rid of the one beneath on the wing strut) , dual 15 round missile launchers in the hull ?

Missiles still kill things a lot faster than guns or turrets. I think you'll find you don't even need Level 5 shields - you could probably get by with Level 4 reactors & shielding.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

The main thing I use the missile mounts for are torpedoes. I love carrying around 40 auto tracked torpedoes. Apsolutly tore the demons at palan a new one. :twisted:
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:The main thing I use the missile mounts for are torpedoes. I love carrying around 40 auto tracked torpedoes. Apsolutly tore the demons at palan a new one. :twisted:
Sounds like just what people having problems with Palan need :)

I tried loading my Gal hunter with all FF. I used up all but two rounds in every launcher but the 4 Talons were wiped out in short order. (The last ran but my last salvo caught and destroyed him at 18k)

It looks like this missile gets deadly once you have more than 2 missile mounts in your hull.

The OrionMk2B is going to be deadly with these, the FF your autotracked torps look perfect for swarms.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

Z30, way of topic, but this is pretty much our thread, I was wondering if you've been keeping tabs on what's going on in the vega trek forum? I'm going to DL what's there and see if I may be some use to them aswell. You would be. With what we've learned here, it might help them. Just a thought
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

currently there are 3 types of upgrades, currently distinguishable by the prefix of their name. These are replacement, additive, and multiplicative upgrades, with (null), add_ and mult_ prefixes respectively. Replacement changes existing values to the new values specified, add adds them, and mult multiplies them. There aren't any types that can add one field and multiply another at present.
I found this in the contributions and how tos forum. I'm going to test some on the armor.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

I put the add tag on the armor and it works. you can have as many pieces of armor as you have upgrade space for. If implemented, upgrade space will be even more important. eg. light fighters have 10, med 16, heavy 24, or whatever. So light fighters have to balance their equipment carfully, or end up lacking in several areas. and heavy ships could carry more armor. So give every ship a base value the same, then the added armor. I think doubling the shield strenght might not be a bad idea aswell. maybe not double, but increase some. or make them double strength for every level. eg level 1=2, lv2=4, lv3=8, and so on. or something like that.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Somewhat related to shields and armor.. Am i the only one that thinks the repair systems work far too slowly? I've only bought the advanced repair droid(81K) and it seems practically useless. The description says it will repair during combat. But i've taken damage in combat and continued on a fairly long cargo run and by the end of it the droid had done absolutely nothing to help my ship.
The way it is it seems more cost effective to repair your ship at the nearest station. Time=money, and sitting around waiting for the repair droid to do anything doesn't make for much fun in the game.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

It wont repair hull or armor, otherwise it works. Slowly.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:I put the add tag on the armor and it works. you can have as many pieces of armor as you have upgrade space for. If implemented, upgrade space will be even more important. eg. light fighters have 10, med 16, heavy 24, or whatever. So light fighters have to balance their equipment carfully, or end up lacking in several areas. and heavy ships could carry more armor. So give every ship a base value the same, then the added armor. I think doubling the shield strenght might not be a bad idea aswell. maybe not double, but increase some. or make them double strength for every level. eg level 1=2, lv2=4, lv3=8, and so on. or something like that.
We can implement additive armor for the mediums and heavies. The Light fighters have enough agility to avoid a lot of damage. Can you send me an Orion units entry with this tag on?

Make it the Mk2 variant - I'd like to see if doing this change will cause problems with my saved files. I don't normally visit the Vegatrek forums , I'll take a peek.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

It wont cause any problems. all you would have to do is sell your old armor and buy the new armor.

What you do is put add_ in the first column of the armor entries in units and mpl. eg. add_plasteel__upgrades. Thats it. then go upgrade your ship.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:It wont cause any problems. all you would have to do is sell your old armor and buy the new armor.

What you do is put add_ in the first column of the armor entries in units and mpl. eg. add_plasteel__upgrades. Thats it. then go upgrade your ship.
Ah ok, thanks - will try it out. People have been clamoring for improved armor for so long, might be worth a shot.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Hey Goss, you might want to redesign your Drayman CVL. Take a look at the snapshot *grin*

So far the missile turrets don't work too well with those requiring lock on times. Friend or Foe missiles seem to be the best, I'm attaching the entries to units & mpl for you.

This would go great with capital ships & cruisers.

Fyi, I got the additive armor to activate but the ship info display showed no increase in damage protection for either the hull or armor. Have deactivated it again till we figure out how it works.

[Edit: two problems so far 1) only one missile launcher fires and 2) the launchers do not reload in the ship bay or upon landing]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

In order to reload, you probably have to buy a new turret.

The armor seems to be working for me, but I've only tested it on the Raptor and Krant. I'll test on the base ships and get back to you.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Gosshawk wrote:In order to reload, you probably have to buy a new turret.

The armor seems to be working for me, but I've only tested it on the Raptor and Krant. I'll test on the base ships and get back to you.
I've modified the missile turrets to carrying a single launcher with 100 rounds of FF. That should be a good enough stopgap for now, I suspect code has to be re-written to be enable them to fire dual missiles.

Looking at the turret values, it should be able to have turrets with 3 weapons in them but maybe these should be reserved for larger ships.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

The four large turrets mount 4 Tachyons. Should be no problem. I like the missile turret idea. Maybe Make them their own class, if you haven't already, and make them cost the same as that number of missiles would cost. That way, It would be similar to buying missiles. Just sell the turret, and buy a new one. Voila, reloaded.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

is it just the cost of one or all 100?

Team Fortress 2
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

If there's 100 missiles on the turret, then that turret costs the same as buying 100 missiles. A 1 to 1 ratio. Should be a good workaround for now.