How to hack past Palan mission

Forum For Privateer Remake
Stomp357
Explorer
Explorer

How to hack past Palan mission

Post by Stomp357 »

How do you hack to either get better ships, or get past Palan missions. I finally got game to let me actually fight Demons, but now it won't allow me to finish. I have hired up to 5 wingman, and killed 10 Demons, but new wave of 6 Demons show up. This is not possible without a hack, or better ship. The Drayman is no where in my game. Not at New Detroit.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

You need to get yourself a Demon with autotracked guns and missile mounts. The ship does become available after the Palan missions but too late to do any good obviously.

This can be done by editing the master_parts_list in your main Privateer directory. There are depracated ships there and I overwrote the one in the third row :

demon starships/Hunter/Light 125000 197 4000

You can use Excel to do this but be sure to save the result in csv format.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

IIRC you can hack you backwards in the campign, but it doesn't work in the other direction. Honestly I personally don't thinkpalan is that hard. Yet there are a lot of threads concerned with this topic. Just use the search function. In the Library (see my sig.) are also some links to those threads und "Undoable Missions".
IMO editing you ships file is a good way to cheat. Just go to any planet and buy some torpedos. Then edit your torpedo amount to -1. You will have unlimited torpedos which will sure do this mission. ;)

EDIT:

About the thing z30 said: Don't use excel! Better download OpenOffice (it's free, as the name says) and use its program (don't remeber the name). There is a huge chance that excel will spoil your savegame...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.