Question about Hunters

Forum For Privateer Remake
G. Threepwood
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Question about Hunters

Post by G. Threepwood »

Hi everyone,

i found out that there is a privateer remake 4 days ago and now i am playing all night long, and when im to tyred im reading this forum ;-). This game is absolutely awesome. The Graphics are very good, and it feels exactly how i remember the original game. I even bought a joystick for it, because the one i used back then doesent fit into my computer anymore, lol.

Im doing the Palan Missions right now, and the thing is i seem to have pissed off the hunters in the oxford missions. Right now the retros, pirates and hunters hate me 100%, i am friends with everyone else. Retros and Pirates are no problem, because no one cares if you blow them away and they are easy to kill. But the Hunters have better ships and when im doing a mission i have to fight them as well (in addition to the "mission-enemies"), which is very hard some times. Also Mecherants and confederation seem to like me less everytime i kill a hunter.

After the smuggleing missions the Confederation hated me, but i killed a few pirates and everything is back to normal now :-).

So my Question is, what do i have to do to make the hunters like me again?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hi and welcome on the board :),

to answer your queation, the best thing to make up with any faction is killing retros. Oxford is a good system to do so...

Good Luck :)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
G. Threepwood
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by G. Threepwood »

Thx Stiff,
that was a fast reply, Retros feel my wrath!!!
G. Threepwood
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by G. Threepwood »

Hi,

its me again. I killed a lot of Retros in Oxford and got the Hunters to +100% :-). This helped me to finally beat Palan3 :D. My next asignment is to map the unknown sektors. Problem is there are a lot of unfriendly cats in those astroid fields - so how can i bring them back to not shooting at me?

Killing Retros doesent work, it actually pissed them off a little. Killing pirates doesnt work either. So i killed about 15 millitary ships (i thought after that i kill some pirates to gain the milliary's trust again) but that didn't improve the killrathi situation either.

Is there anything at all that i can do to get the cats back on my side?

PR 1.2 is really great, the only bugs i have experianced so far is that the alien artifact vanished from my cargo hold (i read on this board, that this is no real problem, becouse one can finish the game without it). The next bug i expierenced a couple of times by now is that equipment from my ship keeps disapearing, like shild generator, afterburners an one time my repair-system. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't destroyed in combat) But i can always rebuy it - so thats no real problem either.

Apart from that its perfect - no corrupted savegames. No ingame loading-screens :-). Overall its a very pleasant experiance!
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

IIRC the cats in the Rygannon missions arr not placed there at random. They are scripted. So I'd say there is no way to turn them friendly towards you...

EDIT: The vanishing stuff thing is a very common bug. It never happened to me (which makes it kin of strange). I also can't tell you if there is any solution...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Re: Question about Hunters

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

G. Threepwood wrote: Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.
Dont worry about your english. it's my first language and you are much better than I! I just have a word processor to correct my grammer and spelling!

Good Luck with the FIFA World Cup! :D
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
G. Threepwood
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by G. Threepwood »

Hi Stiff,

thx again for the quick reply. I managed the scouting missions, basted all those cats away- actually much more fun than only killing the weak pirates.

@ stahl
Dont worry about your english. it's my first language and you are much better than I! I just have a word processor to correct my grammer and spelling!

I do not really believe that, but your right I should probably try the autocorrect funtion, i already use it in german to correct my more important mail, cause my german spelling sux, too lol.

To the world-cup, i am not that interested in soccer most of the time, but now the fever got me. All the people go crazy around here, they have flags attached to their cars and after a match they drive through the streets, screaming and honking. This never happened at any world-cup before, that i can think of.
Good Luck with the FIFA World Cup! Very Happy
Thx, man i really hope the german team will win against italy tonight :-).