Post PR questions

Forum For Privateer Remake
banderlin
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post PR questions

Post by banderlin »

A coupla questions on the post-PR world:

- Regarding dumping cargo for Destinee: can I do so without dumping the artifacts? Or does that even matter, considering I finished the PR campaign...?

- I seem to have lost the Steltek gun in the final battle. Does this mean I can't start the RF campaign?

Thanks!
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

!!! S P O I L E R !!!

It doesn't even matter if you dump the Artifakt while you still are in the PR campaign. So there is no reason to worry. But IIRC you always dump the first or the last item on your cargo list (IMO it's the first). So all you gotta do is move the cargo list, so the item you wanna dump is on the "top position".
This way you can keep the artifact if you like.

Abaout the gun, I'm simply not sure. It's too log ago that I played myself. But I guess is shouldn't matter. Just visit Joplin pleasure base and see if RF is triggerd. Maybe you want to ensure you to keep the last savegame with the gun.
BTW, what do you mean with lost. I never really lost a gun. It doesn't appear on your weapons list when it's damaged very hard. Just go to any base and try to repair it. There is a special category for damaged stuff in the repairscreen. Maybe you'll find it there.

Good Luck.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
banderlin
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by banderlin »

I tried going to Jolson, but no dice. Sounds like I'll have to go back to an old save. During my PR campaign, I lost items from my ship a coupla times. When I got really, truely beat up, things would disappear: shields, hull. This is different than the item being disabled (blacked out in the repair screen). I guess I lost the gun in that final battle. D'oh!