Player owned fleets

Forum For Privateer Remake
Elton the Smuggler
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Player owned fleets

Post by Elton the Smuggler »

How do these work exactly? I can buy a new ship and create a fleet with it, but how do these work?

Elton the Smuggler
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

Basically, if you buy a new ship from the equipment screen (NOT from the Ship Dealer floor), and do not deliberately sell your old ship, then your old ship is put into storage at the base where you are currently located. At any future time, you can choose to "buy" the ship back (for free if you are at the same base, or you pay a transport fee if you want it brought to you elsewhere). This allows you to equip one ship of each type and swap them out when you wish--for example you might want a Galaxy for trading and a Demon or Centurion for the heavy fighting.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
Aensland
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Aensland »

I notice that it doesn't tell you where a particular ship of yours is at. All I can see is the transport fee. If it's 0, it's at that base.
" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

When you select a saved game it shows the data for the game on the right. This includes all your ships and their location though if there are multiple bases in that area it doesn't say which one. It is true, unfortunately, that when you view your fleet it doesn't tell you at all where your ships are located. I find the best thing to do is try to keep them all at one base, usually perry or new constantinople because you can buy the most upgrades there. Plus once you really get the cash flowing, paying the transport fee isn't that big of a deal.
Elton the Smuggler
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Elton the Smuggler »

Ah. I see. Then how does one get one hundred steltics?
:D
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

To get multiples, you have to store the extras as cargo aboard your Drayman or Paradigm.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
Bengol
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bengol »

Good way to build a fleet (A VERY STRONG ONE) is to capture the cat ships, the onle with back turrets for example is in my opinion the best fighter in the game (high energy recover and strong guns), however if ur using a drayman, ull need to release them for fighting each time u capure one, once it ocupies 3/4 of the cargo (this problem doesnt occurs with paradigm i think)

good luck if u try :)
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Bengol wrote:Good way to build a fleet (A VERY STRONG ONE) is to capture the cat ships, the onle with back turrets for example is in my opinion the best fighter in the game (high energy recover and strong guns), however if ur using a drayman, ull need to release them for fighting each time u capure one, once it ocupies 3/4 of the cargo (this problem doesnt occurs with paradigm i think)

good luck if u try :)
Gothri - I don't know if they keep their ace pilot rating after capture but I agree that they are the strongest fighters in the game.
Bengol
Explorer
Explorer

Now im confused hehe

Post by Bengol »

I got my paradigm when killed the drone, but when i started using some wingmen i got confused here...

-Kinda when u buy *.blank ships and use them as wingmen (stilleto not milspec for example), do they get weapons to fire at enemies?

-How can i know the skill of my wingmen? (Some of them seem to be very, VERY dumb)

thx a lot