Savegame...

Forum For Privateer Remake
janus1978
Explorer
Explorer

Savegame...

Post by janus1978 »

Hi!

My name is Chris! I am new to this forum, but not new to Privateer Remake. I have a very frustrating problem:
My PC broke down the other day, there was no other option than to format my hardrive and start everything anew. Just around that terrible day I had completed the plot of the main game and looked forward to start the RF-campaign. Already back in 1993, when I played the Original and in 1994 when playing the RF-campaign, in my opinion the RF-campaign was the better one!
So, now I have no savegames left. Does anyone have a savegame in which the main plot is done, but the RF-campaign can just be started in XXN 1927??? Thanks in advance...

Chris
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Try those. The one called After OC should be the one you are looking for.

Welcome on the board :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
jburrows
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by jburrows »

Spaceman Spiff you may want to include directory for that savegame the contains the ship info.In case you do not where is located is should be something like D:\Program Files\Vegastrike\Privateer\.privateer100\serialized_xml

inside the directory there should be a directory named the savegame name. I am not sure what would happen if he tries to load a savegame that does not contain the ship info.

janus1978 Also I imagine some the stuff like cash or ships might be different.You may be interested in editing so that closer to what you had. If you open up the afteroc savegame file in windows wordpad you will see a line like Gemini/Perry^1553035.000000^paradigm| If you change the 1553035 to amount of money you want then save it then buy the stuff you had.
janus1978
Explorer
Explorer

Post by janus1978 »

WOW!

Thanks a lot. That´ll help!
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

jburrows wrote:
inside the directory there should be a directory named the savegame name. I am not sure what would happen if he tries to load a savegame that does not contain the ship info.
Nothing will happen. All ships turn out blanc (which might be a problem if you wanna start RF). Janus tell me if you need the centurion files (it carries the gun), to start RF...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

janus1978
Explorer
Explorer

Upps

Post by janus1978 »

Oh, here we go. Sorry I just opened a new poll in which I talked about that. So: Yes, I need the Centurion files... :-)
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

here you are... ;)
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

janus1978
Explorer
Explorer

Post by janus1978 »

Hi!

Now, I am back online, having solved some difficulties with my PC.

I found the directory with the ship.info files. Which additional files do I need and who can send me those files??

Best wiches
Janus1978