Making sure I play the latest version

Forum For Privateer Remake
delanvital
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Making sure I play the latest version

Post by delanvital »

First of all, what great news to find one of my favorite games thriving again. A friend of mine who has played it as much as me told me about this. My question is this:

I downloaded the 1.2 version (189 MB) and the 1.2 update (23 MB). Yet, when browsing the forums I find that there are patches to WCU and the remake itself.. (with other sizes). Could someone tell me what I need to get the basic, up-to-date, non-modded version you guys start out with? Thanks :D
delanvital
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by delanvital »

Right.. I figured out the diff. between WCU and the Privateer Remake. I Take it the Privateer I downloaded from the "Downloads" section includes some version of WCU? Where can I see the diff. version numbers?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Privateer Remake 1.2 is the latest version of the Remake.
Something about a year ago, WCU was not much more than an add-on to Privateer Remake (althought it was always meant to be kind of data pool for all sort of Wing Commander games. If you want to learn more about it, check out the Library (see my signature)). Yet, today WCU is under heavy development and has it's own downloads (you'll find the link in the library or in the WCU part of the board).
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
delanvital
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by delanvital »

Thanks